Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Newbie, so please be gentle :thumbs:

I've had a search through, but I can't seem to find what I am after. I've put a deposit down on the black GTA over at Pistonheads, and I should hopefully be picking it up on the weekend :thumbs:

I was wondering, is there a definitive list of what the optional extras were on the 147GTA? Also, how to tell what your car was specced with from the factory? (I would imagine there are codes somewhere in one of the manuals that came with it?)

Also, are there any members who are able to check the Alfa database to see what recalls etc. a car has been in for / what warranty work has been carried out?

Having never owner anything Italian before (for my sins I've tended to stick with German stuff), I am coming into Alfa ownership with an open-mind. Really looking forward to it though! What a sublime noise - I've just sold a 996 Turbo and frankly, whilst it was a highly competent car, it sounded more like a washing machine. :D (that's the trouble with the turbo variants).

I will post up more info on the car when I get my mitts on it. Looking forward to the weekend!

cheers
will

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Hi Will,

welcome to the Alfa fold! I could speculate as to what is/isn't an option but I'll leave that to people who know what they are talking about.

If you are coming from a german motor just be aware that the alfa's do require a little more TLC but provided you look after them they seem ok. I've had a few issues with mine as most have but they are generally little niggles. With the advice avaliable on this forum you can get most things sorted quickly and relativly cheaply so don't rip your hair out if it goes wrong ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Silver!

I'm actually looking forward to giving her TLC as I haven't had an older car for a fair few years, so have been used to main dealers and warranties (so dull). Thing is, I don't drive to work, so only drive for pleasure and thus only tend to do a few thousand miles each year. As such, I'm hoping to have a good relationship with the car! (I hope we can get along, my Italian is pants) and enjoy track days and suchlike once more.

Cant wait to get started on her, hence trying to find out a fair few things beforehand. Have had a good bit of guidance already over on PH from a few people already members on here I believe.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Can't answer your questions Will, but welcome none the less. I'm sure you'll enjoy GTA ownership and all that goes with it.

Cheers
Alan

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
If you are only keeping it as a toy you will be fine as you will have the time for it. My headlight has been on my bedroom floor for the past three weeks while I fix it which I couldn't do if it was a daily driver.

·
Registered
900 Posts
If im correct optional extras are - Xenons, 18" Wheels and Sat Nav maybe sunroof???

Please correct me where im wrong.

Welcome and enjoy

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
I was wondering, is there a definitive list of what the optional extras were on the 147GTA? Also, how to tell what your car was specced with from the factory? (I would imagine there are codes somewhere in one of the manuals that came with it?)
Regarding the optional extras (please note UK market might have been different, I have here brochure for German market):

code 213 - alarm
code 322 - comfort pack (3rd headrest in the rear, 3point seatbelt in the middle in the rear, baggage net in the boot)
code 211 - leather seats
code 210 - metallic paint
code 270 - nuvola paint
code 335 - winter pack I (heated screenwasher jets + heated front seats)
code 740 - winter pack II (called also visibility pack) (rain sensor, mist/fogging sensor, smell sensor)
code 718 - BOSE system
code 563 - CD changer (10 CDs in the boot)
code 833 - mobile phone pre-setup
code 712 - Connect NAV+ system
code 709 - steering wheel controls for radio and phone
code 208 - 17" multispoke wheels (without extra charge, you could choose if you want standard teledials or multispokes)

There were some limitations what can and cant be combined together:
210 not with 270
712 not with 833
709 only together with 712

I cant find electrical sunroof option in the catalog, but it was available as well and not cheap. Xenons and 18" came to some markets later....

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Hi Will :)

Just to clarify the above - BOSE was standard, as was the Alarm. But the rest were indeed options.

Sunroof was a rarely ticked option, and nearly all came with leather.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
Guys thanks very much for the info (and the welcome!)- Gotcha especially - a great help!

I will no doubt have a great many questions to ask, but I do promise to use the search function first! :D

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Sorry can't help! But welcome anyway!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Probably an import then?

·
Registered
301 Posts
By the way,

the Winter pack II option aint that good. As with all automated windscreen sensors, it very rarely wipes at the required times. Don't be fooled into thinking its a better option. But I'm sure it wouldn't stop you from buying the car.

Didn't realise they did a Sat Nav feature though, it is possible to still get this fitted after market? or is it just easier to revert to sticking my TomTom in the window?

·
Registered
580 Posts
By the way,

the Winter pack II option aint that good. As with all automated windscreen sensors, it very rarely wipes at the required times. Don't be fooled into thinking its a better option. But I'm sure it wouldn't stop you from buying the car.

Didn't realise they did a Sat Nav feature though, it is possible to still get this fitted after market? or is it just easier to revert to sticking my TomTom in the window?
The options that were already fitted to my 156 GTA were winter pack 2, Xenons, CD changer in boot (10), Multispokes and Navigator (with 08 cd).

Regards the Navigator, I think it is a really nice system with it being so descreet and does the job of getting to where you want to go, (no postcodes though!)

Not sure if you can get it retro fitted though??

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
the Winter pack II option aint that good. As with all automated windscreen sensors, it very rarely wipes at the required times.
I find the automatic wipers okay. The only thing I have an issue with is the thing that sticks out of the back of the rearview mirror to tell if the screen is condensated. It's obsessed with sending hot air to my feet, even when I can't see out of the windscreen, so I always have to override it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts