Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Thinking of trying Optimax for my 147. Can anyone advise me on this matter? Is there a big different and as they suggested; would be good for the engine and performance?

Many thanks

·
Registered
558 Posts
Hi,

loads of posts about this already, but from my experience, the engine seems to respond quicker and pull better across the rev range.
I now use it exclusively.
I also put Millers octane booster to take the RON upto 100, but that didn't seem to make much difference.

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
Optimax is sort of a Red-Bull but for motorengines, right?

G

·
Go for the Optimax - it works for me - not massive, but genuine noticable difference and it keeps your engines internals so much cleaner.
Proven to work in various tests and most who have used it on here agree.

G

·
Optimax is a religion - it s been superb and will reside in my tank whenever I can get it. It is faster, it weighs more (10% by volume) and it does what it says on the tin.

G

·
I worship at the temple of Optimax,
I bathe in Optimax,
I drink Optimax,
I am at one with Optimax.

Wasn't there a transformer called Optimax Prime battling with the evil Mogodon?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Yeah Optimax Prime for Galvatron :D :D

G

·
Less pinking is all good. Basically its a higher RON petrol which means its less suspectiable to being ignited too early in the sequence from heat. and its only ignited by a spark. Therefore it develops the right ignition at the right time and gives more power as a result. If it ignites too early then it pushes the piston back down when its on its way up.

G

·
Its 99.3 ron when mixed with Millers Octane boost,and there are some scooby owners that swear it causes pinking in their highly tuned Imprezas,one such guy,Dingy I think,researched this to the enth degree,and er,came up with a load of techy stuff i can't explain.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts