Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gents

I have been given an opportunity by Jean at dutch auto. If i leave the car with him for a week, he will do R&D for giulietta's. Its a week without my baby but its a free DP and zorst. what your thoughts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Do it for the greater good! SA needs more R&D knowledge of GQV...and apparently Guili isn't gonna be pushing GQV modding anymore...so it's up to you!...Then we can reap the benefits...;)

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I consulted my magic 8 ball and it said 'what are you waiting for?'

You know you want to and you know you can trust Jean... :thumbs:

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its a week without Demi

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Divide the cost of dp and zorst by number of days to find out what the proposed rental per day is. If the figure is more than the explicit and implicit costs (which include the cost of new travel arrangements, petrol there and back, etc) inflated by some sort of risk coefficient, then I would say go for it!
If not, I say pork it and still go for it!

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
No question do it, i would have if i had a GQV

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Im going to be the bad guy again, have u seen how guys disassemble and re-assemble cars, no need to tell u about it, u had first hand experience with the GT, they are going to take the downpipe and exhaust on and off your car repeatedly between dyno sesions, so prepare for some broken or lost bits, as well as the voiding of your warantee once the dealer sees u have been fiddling, not worth it on a car thats also your daily, if its a toy, go for it.
All the guys that do R&D always do it on cars they can live without if need be or if it sits broken for a while.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will only lose warranty on the exhaust.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Dp all the way to the rear is easy to remove without damaging the rest of the car.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
GTI has perf mods on since i bought it in 2010 and its a daily, nothing has happened...do it, for all our sakes

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok so i called Jean. there is a little surprise for the Giullie fans as well as the system will be modelled on a well known brand. Not saying anything now but in 2 weeks. She is going

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Well kmown brand, hope its not Raygazon as it sound awefull

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
on what car did you hear a rag

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Youtjoep...gives you more or less an idea...just do DP AND straight pipe into stock back box and hear how it sounds..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts