Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to buy an Alfa.

This 146 looks interesting. It has been advertised twice on carzone with different mileage and different photos(same reg). I'm interested because right now its the right engine size for reasonable insurance for me and I like the older 146 look and cheap prices.

Is this dodgy looking or has anybody experience with this car or seller?

Here it is:

Alfa Romeo 146 1.8 TS 16V NCT 2010 (1998) - ? 1,750 - Used Cars on Carzone.ie - New & Used Cars in Ireland

and here again:

Alfa Romeo 146 1.8 TS 16V NCT 2010 (1998) - ? 1,750 - Used Cars on Carzone.ie - New & Used Cars in Ireland

·
Registered
763 Posts
Just probably passed between dealers - hence 2 ads.
How they put up 30k miles in and took off 2 months off NCT in a short space of time is pretty good :)

From pics (both ads) looks like a nice dent in the rear passenger door.

Also - the driver side profile pic looks like it's been touched up (download it and zoom in to see what I mean). Around the rear door - clearly see a straight line in the pic just before the rear door handle.
Could be just a scratch their trying to hide, or problem with the camera used. make sure you give it a good look over.

Best thing is to go take a look - interior looks ok for 88k (wouldn't believe the 54k)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not seeing that touch up, maybe you have some way of downloading the image that I don't know about.

I wouldn't worry about a dent, that I can fix and bargain over, the NCT should be fairly straight forward its either got it and displayed or not.

Main problem is its in Dublin and I'm in Galway and too lazy to drive up.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I'm not seeing that touch up, maybe you have some way of downloading the image that I don't know about.

I wouldn't worry about a dent, that I can fix and bargain over, the NCT should be fairly straight forward its either got it and displayed or not.

just right click and save the pic.
Then open and zoom in - you'll see it..

If Dublin is a problem - why not buy the nice blue one in Limerick ('00). I'm open to offers ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That does look clean rikd.

But Id like a red or black one.
And Im power hungry so it has to be 1.8 or 2 litres.

·
Registered
763 Posts
If looking for 2.0l then go for a 156.
2.0l 146s in Ireland are rare, and difficult to come by. Otherwise keep a close vigil on carzone to spot them (or import).

·
Registered
2,626 Posts

want me to check it out for you?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive since been getting insurance quotes and looks like a 2L is affordable. The 2L 146 being rare means Ill go for a 156.
So thanks for the offer klapanciusz, but |Ill pass.

The only real interesting 156s are near Dublin so ill travel up anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts