Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a semi-dead battery and while the central locking works and the doors open I cannot open the boot for some reason. I've tried pressing the exterior badge button and the boot release on the key fob (I've also toggled the "Independant boot lid" option in settings incase I had this the wrong way round). Neither do anything :-/

I need to get the jump leads out the boot which are tucked down the side of the rear wheel. Anyone know if there's a way to open the boot manually? The manual suggets there's a release loop on the saloon model but there's no mention of anything for the Sportwagon.

Having to remove both kiddies car seats, drop the rear seats climb in the back and do some contortion exercises in order to pull up the floor is not an idea I'm cherrishing at the moment.

Any help appreicated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
If you can get into the luggage area with a torch and a thin screwdriver you'll find a small hole in the plastic trim below the tailgate (to the right of the latch as you look at it) that's got a lever you can move to spring the catch.

Guy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much @Guy, I am definitely going to give that a try.

Meanwhile the wife reveal that one of my Xmas presents was a battery charger and Santa delivered early so I just charged the battery in the end :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts