Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. Just joined the club as i have purchased a 159 which has not yet been put on the road.
1) Just found battery is flat and tail gate will not open. Charged battery and it still will not open. Is there a manual override somewhere?
2) Only have one key and have been told new keys are hyper expensive. Whats my best option for getting another key?

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
When you get a flat battery the car defaults to the initial settings. This includes the tailgate not opening. You need to go to the menu and set the 'Independent Boot' to the other setting.

·
Banned
703 Posts
If that fails there is a pull cord under the back seat behind the passengers side. You need to pull back the plastic trim under the seat and between the door. Then get your hand under and feel for a loop on a steel cord.

Have you ever seen on your insurance you can take out key cover. This covers you if you loose your key. (just saying):wink::wink:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Battery now charged and after locking and unlocking doors on the keyfob the boot also opens so thank you for your assistance its sorted the problem.
However now the car will not turn over?????????????????? Get in car, dashboard screen lights up , put key into dash, press button and all i get is a beep. There are no other lights showing. What do i do next?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK Just call me stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the first time i have sat in this thing so i have some excuse but foot on brake and it fired up immediately despite having been stood for two weeks. I just wonder what other foibles my son will have to learn when he starts using it.
Thanks everyone again for your help.
PS Is there a cheaper alternative to paying Alfa £300,00 for a spare key?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have not yet driven this car and am beginning to regret it already.
Just spoke to the dealer in Cardiff. A spare ignition key is £895.00 plus tuning making a total of £1000.00.
Is he having a laugh or what

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
There are a lot of companies now stating that they can programme 159 keys.

This company has a depot in Bristol (or Bristol Postcode anyway.)

Contact Us | The Car Key Company

There are other companies who offer a service much cheaper than Alfa main dealer but the company above is the closest to Cardiff that I can find.

Do NOT buy a used key from ebay or elsewhere and try to have it programmed to your car. The chips are programme once only.

There is a member here who offers a key service but don't now recall who.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry for being a bit dim but am new to the site. How do i send Cromwell a personal message. Looked over headings but cannot find a way to do it

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Actually I don't think this board makes it easy.

Tools
Member list
Near(ish) top right hand side of page is "search members."
Type "Cromwell" into the drop down box.
Click on his user name.
His home page will then appear and you can select "Send private message."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts