Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gutted got home today to find two speeding ticket's one for each of my cars at the same time!!!That will teach me for telling my mate to keep up & that the average speed camers don't work. I suppose i should count my self lucky first set of points in twelve years of driving with a very heavy foot.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got a freind to follow me down in my volvo to autolusso bornemouth last saturday,went throw road works with average speed cameras 66 mph in a 50 & 65 in 50 gutted the 1.9d was the faster.

·
Vendor
45,840 Posts
Can take 3 for being driver and 3 for not supplying driver details..

·
Registered
211 Posts
you may no get points?

i recently got caught in manchester (not on motorway)

going on a speed awareness course.

no points.

Not sure if that applies to motorways too?

I never know with those average speed cameras. Some people fly through them. I tend to err on the side of caution do 55 in GTA (according to speedo, which in reality is probably around 50).

·
Registered
220 Posts
Unlucky.:(

Top Tip: Don't speed in an average speed check section of road.

It's not as if they don't warn you in advance now, is it?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my mate went on a speed awareness course last week,it was the last one.About this time last year i drove back from leeds went through at least six of them and nothing,won't be so keen next time:rolleyes:

M

·
0 Posts
Clean here too.............somehow :eek:

Bad luck to the OP. It's more luck than judgement (certainly in the early years of my driving) that has kept my license clean.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I got caught 3x times in 12month period, lucky got a clean license now. i never knew if it worked but with average speed cameras on the motorway i used to hide by lorries and touch wood never been caught like that. defo some cameras work and some dont but dont risk it anymore

1 - 20 of 30 Posts