Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
41,387 Posts
You can kind of see the point... how many wagons are being sold now, I do see a fair few on the road but enough going forward to justify it, not sure.

How many do Audi sell of the RS4/6 Avants?

·
Premium Member
3,507 Posts
Oh well, any chance there might have been (however remote) of me being persuaded to return to the fold in a year or two is now officially 'dead in the water', :depressed: .

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Oh well, any chance there might have been (however remote) of me being persuaded to return to the fold in a year or two is now officially 'dead in the water', :depressed: .
Not for you RRZ?

How's the Lotus going? Going to give us a longer term update on it?

·
Administrator
48,337 Posts
You can kind of see the point... how many wagons are being sold now, I do see a fair few on the road but enough going forward to justify it, not sure.

How many do Audi sell of the RS4/6 Avants?
Interesting example - I reckon I see more Avant versions of the S4 and RS4 than saloons.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Please tell me this aint true. I have read several other articles that the estate version would follow shortly after. Whats going on? I have waited four years for this. A family car for me and my 2 kids from Alfa I cant wait 5-6 years for the SUV to arrive not sure my 159SW will last much longer its already done 125000miles:depressed:

·
Registered
41,387 Posts
I've not seen it mentioned anywhere else that there isnt gonna be an estate...

I also suspect you wont have to wait that long for the SUV

·
Registered
399 Posts
I read from somewhere that the Wagon is a 'maybe' depending on how things go. Since the US is the main focus now and Wagons don't sell there, there won't be a Wagon immediately. I would imagine in a couple of years, once the SUV and Coupe are out, they'll reconsider it. Certainly I think we will see at least 1 full year of sales figures for the Giulia saloon before the Wagon is introduced. My best guess is early 2017 IF it is coming at all.

For those of you who want a big family car, the SUV should serve nicely. Otherwise, get a 2nd hand Qashqai for a couple of grand for the family and the new Giulia saloon for yourself :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
As it's a US article maybe they mean they won't import 'Wagons into the US?
I'm hoping this as if we are looking to trade in our (not yet bought) A4 Avant, it would likely need to be an estate. Of course if we've gotten past the need to carry so many kids' things then maybe it will do... only time will tell but don't currently see a need for a crossover. Will be interested to see what diesel powered options there are.

·
Registered
38,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A4 Avant: The most uncomfortable hire car I've ever driven (or been a rear passenger in) long distance.

·
Administrator
48,337 Posts
That's probably because the RS3, RS4 and RS6 are only available as wagons. The S3, S4, S6 can be had as a saloon as well.
I thought that might be the case - but wasn't sure, so didn't want to state it.

·
Registered
40,586 Posts
Us buyers don't buy wagon versions of these types of cars ; there's no wagon version of the Fusion badged Mondeo .There was a Kia show car of their equivalent Optima at Geneva just in case it appealed to the Americans which would make the optima viable in Europe as wagon here and sedan there .

1 - 20 of 25 Posts