1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
86,619 Posts

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers! Personally I would have preferred aluminium roofrails and silver coloured alloys, but just try finding a low mileage SWTI with roof rails and 12 month warranty!! It's really difficult!

·
Registered
415 Posts
SW is definitely the best of the Ti's. Saw one this morning actually.. Enjoy!

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Looks like the first owner was a company in Bedford, beleived to be a company car. Dealer reckons it was then bought out by the guy at the company who was driving it.

Don't know for sure, that could be cobblers. But 18,000 miles is naf all and the car appears in great condition.

I DO know that Alfas sold by HR Owen in Parsons Green were typically registered with "LC" plates. So there's a good chance it came from them. I knew the manager quite well but they are alas defunct so I can't call them to get backstory.

HR Owen would at least have done a good job on the PDI inspection and any warranty issues, they were good on our Brera and Spider which we bought brand new from them in 2007 and 2008.

C

·
0 Posts
Looks a nice example....for a van.
At least it's capable of carrying ladders etc.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Viewed and drove the car on saturday.

Got some info on the 2 owner issue. It was owned by FGA contracts for 3 years, then bought by a private individual exactly 3 years after the car was registered. He had it for less than 2 weeks before it went to the dealer. So I'd guess it was on finance or a lease deal and was bought out at the end by the driver, who then sold or traded it to the dealer (I'm guessing for more than his baloon payment/buy out fee). Does that make sense? Can anyone who's had a lease/finance deal on an SWTI confirm/deny if this is likely?

It's got some hairlining to the clearcoat (in keeping with a car that's been washed by car washes rather than the 2 bucket 2 sponge method of a truly dedicated Alfaowner;)) and some light scratches (showing white undercoat) on a couple of panels, but it's not bad and is due for valeting in the next couple of days, so will get better as they're going to use rubbing compound.

They've authorised paint repair on the worst scratched panels. The boot lip has light scratches from loading, but once they've valeted it I'll fit a bumper protector which will cover up anything that still shows.

They are fitting two new rear tyres so all tyres will be brand new. Brake pads and discs are fine.

Car drives perfectly. Feels very solid. No issues on hard braking, acceleration or cornering, no squeaky steering on full lock, no tracking issues, no rattles (wife spotted a very quiet one from the boot area but said it sounded light and plasticky so may be a bit of trim ratttling).

Interior is pretty much perfect, seats are great except for a small tear on the leather on the side of the drivers seat which is being fixed by a professional. Rear seats look virtually unused. There's a small hole which has been poked into the rooflining above the drivers' head that we've asked to be repaired.

The previous owner has been a bit of a plonker and kept his house keys attached to the key fob so the aluminium is pitted on the centre console. Not terrible but ANNOYING. I've asked for this to be repaired, awaiting confirmation.

Other than that, seems totally solid and we're happy.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Yeah I always wanted silver roof rails and silver (i.e. normal) alloys. I was thinking of painting/powdercoating the roof rails silver.

But now I've seen the car in the metal, I really like the darkened alloys - the finish is beautiful. They cost something like £250 extra as a factory option :eek: They go well with the Carbonio black paint, maybe even better than the normal silver ones we had on our black Spider LE (very nice, but high contrast between the black and the silver). On the other hand, personally I'd always go for the normal sivler alloy wheels on a Misano Blue car (like my old Brera).

And actually I am starting to like the black rails. The whole thing just looks mean and really quite pimp. You can get a lot of hos in an SW :cool:

If the alloys had been silver, then I'd definitely want silver rails to match. But as they are dark, the silver rails might not look right.

However, really we should change the silver wing mirror covers to match the alloys... no idea if that is possible though.

·
Vendor
45,289 Posts
And many other implements too no doubt, like shovels, picks, forks and maybe even a wheel barrow? They are fairly spacious :lol:

I prefer the 'no rails at all' look on the SW, but if I had to have rails I would definitely prefer the black ones :cool:

Congrats on the purchase :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK good thinking, will do. Going to show my ignorance now and say: exactly which bit is the front subframe? The section of the bottom of the chasis that sits around the front suspension? I.e. under the car, behind the underguard?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts