Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some T*AT in a white van piled into the back of my GTA last Saturday :cry:
Minor visual damage but boot floor distorted, can't remove spare wheel. Got a quote from Chambers of Sutton (Sutton Coldfield Brum) today for............. £4200.10 :wow:
Has anyone any experience of this place for body repairs?. Cheers, Gaz.

V

·
0 Posts
Ouch dude. Is that your insurers recommended / approved repairer?

I've no expierience of them but if it's still drivable I'd take it to see John at simply Alfas :)

At least it shouldn't get written off as that's well below the value of the car.
Has the van driver admited fault or is he one of these bellends that try and blame everyone but thselves?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ouch dude. Is that your insurers recommended / approved repairer?

I've no expierience of them but if it's still drivable I'd take it to see John at simply Alfas :)

At least it shouldn't get written off as that's well below the value of the car.
Has the van driver admited fault or is he one of these bellends that try and blame everyone but thselves?
Not the insurers choice (Brit Insurance) but i know the Assessor there.Lot of jig hours quoted (see GTA thread)

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
did a decent job on my 164 years ago, probably the last Alfa they did.

is it Conrad you know?

John the parts manager is my brother in law

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
did a decent job on my 164 years ago, probably the last Alfa they did.

is it Conrad you know?

John the parts manager is my brother in law
It's Mitch i know the ARC Manager, we go back a long way. He sprayed my Triumph Vitesse back in
June 1996 at his house. Conrad sent me the estimate i think but i don't know him, small world eh!, Gaz.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any news from your insurance yet Gaz?
No mate, i'm doin all the phoning so far. Legal protection talked to me today to inform me the t*at is uninsured so it's a police matter now and i've put in a claim for whiplash. thanks for asking, hope your ok, Gaz.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
No mate, i'm doin all the phoning so far. Legal protection talked to me today to inform me the t*at is uninsured so it's a police matter now and i've put in a claim for whiplash. thanks for asking, hope your ok, Gaz.

Fu*k me mate it just gets worse, they have got to start getting tougher on these tos*ers who drive without insurance :mad: :rant:

I'm OK thanks for asking, off back to China again next week (fly 17th) but only for two weeks this time.

See ya soonish Todd.

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
sorry to hear of the whiplash, as if the car being bashed is not enough....

BTW there is a Vitesse open top that I have seen (and heard) round by me recently, light blue, not you is it, forced to use alternative transport?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sorry to hear of the whiplash, as if the car being bashed is not enough....

BTW there is a Vitesse open top that I have seen (and heard) round by me recently, light blue, not you is it, forced to use alternative transport?
No, mines Triumph Royal Blue, running around in red 156 2.5 as usual.
Got a letter from a vehicle collection service to pick up and 'store' the GTA ?, phoned Brit insurance (who have not contacted me once since the accident on 30th April) and was informed it's to be scraped !!. After pointing out it's on an agreed value policy at £9000 they've now changed their tune and it should be picked up next week to be repaired. Thanks for your concern all, cya soon, Gaz. :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts