Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Brera came with a non-standard gearknob which while inoffensive I would ideally have the standard one.

Prices for the proper one were a bit much for a little ‘nice to have’ but saw a replica on eBay.

It’s arrived but it seems very small! Is anyone able to measure the girth of their knob and let me know what it should be? This one looks a little anaemic and worried it might feel a bit underwhelming in my hand.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
You couldn't make it up. 6 inches! I kid you not.
You just have made that up, it's nothing like 6'' - that'd be bigger than a tennis ball LOL
In fact, more than twice the size of a tennis ball!

Edit: Oops, my bad. I'm confusing diameter and circumference!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Knob is 50mm diameter and 50mm high - like what I make.

I enjoy polishing my knob after every drive :rofl:

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
If the diameter is 50mm the girth which I assume is the same as the circumference might well be 6”” a tennis ball would be way more than 6”

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Ken

I like the way you have the old gear knob top as a reminder of the shift pattern. I'm old (52!) and even I don't forget where my gears are!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Ken

I like the way you have the old gear knob top as a reminder of the shift pattern. I'm old (52!) and even I don't forget where my gears are!
Although I'm old (63) and stupid it's not for me. It's for MOT testers and Parking Valets! :rofl:

·
Registered
40 Posts
That's just plain bragging, mr peppka ... 🤣🤣!
Mine's just the everyday 6 inches - but of course it's what you do with it that counts....

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
My Brera came with a non-standard gearknob which while inoffensive I would ideally have the standard one.

Prices for the proper one were a bit much for a little ‘nice to have’ but saw a replica on eBay.

It’s arrived but it seems very small! Is anyone able to measure the girth of their knob and let me know what it should be? This one looks a little anaemic and worried it might feel a bit underwhelming in my hand.
Im glad you posted this as I was planning to order this as it looks nice...but its way way too big i think.
Schaltknauf Marano Nuovo Nero S - Alfa Romeo Shop - Tuning, Styling, Fanartikel und Modellautos

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup that’s that’s the one I have. It feels great - good size in the hand. I’m just a suckler for having things stock so was looking to change, however I’m going to keep it as it is - the replacement is far too puny

1 - 11 of 11 Posts