Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having now had my latest Alfa for 24 hours, I can't help but look at it and smile. :cool:

I've even found myself just going outside to look at it. :rolleyes:

What is it Alfa do to make their cars so alluring?

I've done it with all my Alfa's, I never did it with Fords, Vauxhalls etc that I've had. :tut:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I have had my Alfa for a month or so. You are right- there is somethins special.

An acquaintance said that the car was beautiful ("not cute or nice or cool but beautiful"). I have also advanced into the realm of AG HD wax! Where will it end?

·
Registered
202 Posts
:eek: I've had my Bella 147 Lusso for over two years, and still look out of the bedroom window last thing at night to remind my self a: I own an ALFA! and b: it is just so pretty:)

T

·
0 Posts
It's what they do best. Despite one of their slogans.

"La Bellezza non Basta".

I'd say it is enough. Especially when parked.

·
Registered
41 Posts
What is it about Alfa's that gets under your skin?...it's impossible to define to others unless you own one how very special these cars are, and how they make you feel.

·
Registered
58 Posts
In my eyes and ears its the looks and noise. I just cant get enough. I've owned a Ford and a Mazda and neither made me smile ever. But I have to admit my wife has a great Punto Evo Sporting 135 Multiair and god that's fun and I have found myself looking out of the window at it, its kept me sane while I had the Mazda. So glad to be back with Alfas though

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This afternoon I spent over 2 hours just cleaning the inside of the car. Hoovering seats, carpets, headlining. Wiping clean any plastic surface. Generally tidying the whole inside as best I could.
It now looks half decent.

Now I've only just got my 155, so you might expect most people to do this with a new car.

But now I want to get the seats and carpets valeted professionally so it actually looks as good as it possibly can.
I'd never even think about doing that for any other make of car I've owned.

Add to the fact that I can't really drive it just yet (need to change the wishbones to pass the mot).

Only an Alfa can make you do/think like this.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
it is not just us.
I parked outside the office, and the porsche / bmw / audi / merc owning Board of Directors all came to the window to look at the Giulietta outside

"they made that right", was my fave comment

·
Registered
975 Posts
I've had my Brera for 7 months now, my first Alfa. I still look back at it every time I park up, and seeing it from a distance makes me appreciate it from a different angle.

I still look out for, and admire, every other Alfa on the road, and long to own/drive a few others - GT, 156, Mito and Giulietta to name but 4! Event though I love the Brera, and will probably keep it for at least a couple of years, I can't help but wonder what my next Alfa will be! (Did someone say G QV!?)

·
Registered
125 Posts
I love the 155. Had two of them and although I like my 156, I miss the looks of my 155. I just think Alfa had it sorted with the touring car thing back in the 90's. Damn, I want another 155!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
i have noticed that alot of other drivers will give me and the alfa the right of way at junctions, narrow streets etc... never happened in the vw

F

·
0 Posts
Its the last look back over your shoulder as you walk away from it that gets you. It won't stop either :lol:
been doing this farrrr too much today at work.. freshly cleaned black 147 GTA + Sunshine = :inlove:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice buy GC :thumbs:
Thanks. Needs some work. (Quite a lot actually).

But I'll get there. And I've always wanted one, so I won't be selling, and I know I'll be spending! Even if I know I won't get any of it back! :cheese::p

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Had mine for a little over a year now and she still brings a smile to my face, especially when driving past the dealership of an alternative car that I nearly bought my last car from, thank goodness I didn't buy the alternative! enjoy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts