Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the beauty since Aug-2006 and it always puts a smile on my face. I have had people stop to look at junctions and ask me about it in car parks. However I have only ever seen 1 other on the road in the last 6000 miles, where are they all?

No problems of note apart from an ironic load area courtesy light that won't come on unless you don't need it and the rear nearside passenger footwell had a litre of water in it this morning. We had high winds and stair rods last night, theory is water collected in a/c and managed to drain through the rear floor vents, alternatively it picked up a load of water into the a/c when I went through a bit of flooded road. Anybody experienced anything like this before.

M

·
0 Posts
The last 159 I saw was just before Christmas. I have now seen 5 so far. 3 saloons and 2 Sportwagons, but only 2 in Lincolnshire.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Parked next to one yesterday in Bolton, so at least 2 in northwest, would like to get one in future as looked good. Pass a couple of 159 each morning (blue and a red one) between Bootle and Bolton.

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
Mark159 said:
Had the beauty since Aug-2006 and it always puts a smile on my face. I have had people stop to look at junctions and ask me about it in car parks. However I have only ever seen 1 other on the road in the last 6000 miles, where are they all?

No problems of note apart from an ironic load area courtesy light that won't come on unless you don't need it and the rear nearside passenger footwell had a litre of water in it this morning. We had high winds and stair rods last night, theory is water collected in a/c and managed to drain through the rear floor vents, alternatively it picked up a load of water into the a/c when I went through a bit of flooded road. Anybody experienced anything like this before.
I've got an Alfa Rosso 159 Sportwagon but I'm somewhat northeast of you. It IS the only one in Bergen though!

I had the same problem with a wet rear passenger footwell. It wasn't collecting in the ac - it was running in under a badly fitted door seal. Took the dealer two weeks to find it! Fixed now though. Great, great car. I can play in it, drive the kids round in it, get my skis in it and play in it. I love it to bits.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Mango's are using at least 3 159 SW's (2 are 2.2JTS's) as courtesey cars all decked out in stickers.. Not a bad car - would have liked to try the dark side just to see how the JTD's match up - but I've always found them noisy...

Simes.

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
Simes said:
Mango's are using at least 3 159 SW's (2 are 2.2JTS's) as courtesey cars all decked out in stickers.. Not a bad car - would have liked to try the dark side just to see how the JTD's match up - but I've always found them noisy...

Simes.
The JTDs are great - not at all noisy, and really smooth. Sounds pretty good at WOT as well. Not the same as a V6 I'll admit, but still nice enough. Loads of torque low down which is great for "real world" driving.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was following a 159 sportswagen last night on the A35... I have to admit it looked like it held the road very nicely... From the back it looked V smart... didn't get to see that much otherwise as it was dark and wet...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Viking Dad

This sounds very similar to my problem. I dried out the carpet and low and behold it rained heavy again last night and I have a puddle again. It is in the passenger side (UK) rear footwell. Any idea which bit of the door seal was playing up, as I can't see a trail of water anywhere. I have booked it in to the garage, so if I can give them a clue it might get the job done quicker.

Thanks for all the 159 spotters out there, I don't feel quite so alone. I can also confirm it goes like a rocket from about 20 - 60 mph and it is the first car I have ever driven that can accelerate past stuff up hill at motorway speeds. It corners like it is on rails. I just have to remember it has 6 gears. As for the sound, just floor it at the lights and you leave the noise behind.

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
Mark159 said:
Hi Viking Dad

This sounds very similar to my problem. I dried out the carpet and low and behold it rained heavy again last night and I have a puddle again. It is in the passenger side (UK) rear footwell. Any idea which bit of the door seal was playing up, as I can't see a trail of water anywhere. I have booked it in to the garage, so if I can give them a clue it might get the job done quicker.

Thanks for all the 159 spotters out there, I don't feel quite so alone. I can also confirm it goes like a rocket from about 20 - 60 mph and it is the first car I have ever driven that can accelerate past stuff up hill at motorway speeds. It corners like it is on rails. I just have to remember it has 6 gears. As for the sound, just floor it at the lights and you leave the noise behind.
No idea about which bit of the seal it was. They had to take the carpet out and drive around in the rain before they found it. There was no water trail as it came in through the seal then directly under the carpet and soaked through upwards. Bugger to find. But easy to fix once they had found it. Dry as a bone now despite 89 days with rain.

Agree with all your other comments - I actually like driving uphill now! Bit of a plus in Norway...... Cornering is ace. Had some snow over the last few days and I'm on winter wheels right now but it is still fantastic fun.

Hope you get the leak fixed ok.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts