Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone care to explain why that after clearing cookies and websites alfaowner appears as the chief website supporting tracking?

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Does the report mean that the attempts to track you were made during your visit to the site, rather than once you left? It does say the attempts were prevented. If so, then clearing history would make no difference.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, prevented but states known trackers so possibly others tried and were successful, therefore I clear cookies and history. So what I did was to clear history and cookies and logged on again on a few sites, that’s when I looked to see which were supporting tracking. AO came at the top.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
It's annoying, but for years I've set my browser to clear all history (inc cookies) on exit, and I close and reopen the browser before and after going to any website with my financial stuff on it.

·
Registered
8,346 Posts
I seem to get lots of lingerie ads......TU ones from Sainsburys for the "normal" lady...I really am gonna have to stop clicking them "by mistake". :giggle:

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the Duck Duck Go plugin which squashes trackers. I also use Firefox which has its own squasher. Running an ad blocker such as uBlock Origin blocks a lot of tracker activity.
Same as Safari is doing for me. I have Adblock also.

·
Administrator
48,890 Posts
On the back of this discussion I just went to add uBlock to the extensions on my Chrome - and found it was already there. How do you know it's brilliant? It doesn't seem to tell me anything, so I assume it's doing the job, but...

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
On the back of this discussion I just went to add uBlock to the extensions on my Chrome - and found it was already there. How do you know it's brilliant? It doesn't seem to tell me anything, so I assume it's doing the job, but...
By all the stuff I can't see, all the intrusive pop ups and crud, and all the adverts replaced by one word of text ("Advertisement"), and the ad breaks that disappear when watching TV on my laptop.

Same way I know Cameron Diaz loves me. She hasn't said she doesn't. At least, not since I've had uBlock.

·
Administrator
48,890 Posts
Hmm. Maybe I've had it so long I've forgotten how bad it was without. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts