Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a real Alliance and Leicester website?

If it is, they've done a damn good job of making it look fake!

I've registered for internet banking through A&L, and can't get into my credit card info, so followed the links and ended up there... They want my date of birth, my telephone number, all the details off the card and my credit limit.... Any experts out there want to share their opinion??

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I didn't think so!! The strange thing is, I clicked the link from Alliance-leicester.co.uk to go to credit card servicing... Had a play around with the site, and it's all a bit odd! I'll call them tomorrow... Anyone fancy putting their details in to see what happens?

N

·
0 Posts
In my experience UK banks and building societies
have complex paper based procedures and hoops
they make you jump through before activating
any internet banking.

Like making you turn up at the branch with ID. :rolleyes:

Unlike here, where I just call up my French bank, talk with my account manager
and he taps on his keyboard to activate stuff whilst I'm on the line with him.
:D

·
Registered
17,217 Posts

I've registered for internet banking through A&L, and can't get into my credit card info, so followed the links and ended up there... They want my date of birth, my telephone number, all the details off the card and my credit limit.... Any experts out there want to share their opinion??
mate, when in doubt about the alleged guardian of your money, either visit them or call the number you know to be theirs. Until then, trust nothing online pretending to be your bank. I do a lot of work with banks; if you doubt it, question it.

J

·
0 Posts

Mate, i'm no expert but i would say that's a dodgy as hell....

From memory i don't think a bank will ever ask for your card details wholly, they would ask for partial details as the best....

Sounds well iffy

·
Registered
17,217 Posts
autoresolution companies will/should only ever ask for your postcode.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
must admit, i'm resisting the urge to try it... Not a computer newbie either, and can spot a scam a million miles away! Wierdly, alliance and leicester are linking to that site, which should need attention....

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I bank with A&L and their credit cards are handled by MBNA so it might be ok, although I haven't got an A&L credit card so I cannot confirm although it looks nothing like the A&L online banking site.

:confused:

·
Registered
5,245 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool - thanks for that Rafe! My spider senses were tingling, i'll phone alliance and leicester today to find out how on earth I can access my credit card statement online..

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
here are the details for MBNA Net Access Europe: Online Banking for UK and Ireland Customers bankcardservices.co.uk

Domain name:
bankcardservices.co.uk

Registrant:
MBNA Europe Bank Ltd.

Registrant type:
UK Limited Company, (Company number: 2783251)

Registrant's address:
1100 North King Street
Wilmington
US

Registrar:
Markmonitor Inc. t/a Markmonitor [Tag = MARKMONITOR]
URL: MarkMonitor - Home

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 26-Nov-2001
Renewal date: 26-Nov-2009
Last updated: 11-Oct-2007

Registration status: