Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My left hand windscreen wiper suddenly stopped working yesterday on my way home in the rain. The other one luckily still is!
Can anyone help as I need to fix this urgently as I commute 50 miles a day.
I have a 2002 156 2.4 JTD Sportwagon.
Many thanks
Jennifer

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Remove the scuttle pan and take a look.
Have a feeling something has broken on the linkage or the splines which the wiper sit on have worn through.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Remove the scuttle pan and take a look.
Have a feeling something has broken on the linkage or the splines which the wiper sit on have worn through.
Thanks Scotty, I'll check that this morning. If its worn can I get a new wiper/linkage to replace it fairly easily?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Should be abke to find the parts easy enough seems to a few problems with my alfas wipers....
Not hard to find but stupidly expensive for what it is. Motor on it's own is in plentiful supply as it's the linkage that usually breaks.

There's a DIY on here somewhere for a typical failure.
I fiberglassed mine and it seems to hold up well <fingers crossed>

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
I can sell you one of the car I'm breaking.
For cheap price as I am scrapping the full car.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Actually not sure if its a little different for the 147 vs 156. Probably the same though.

·
Registered
9,563 Posts
Oh no it isn't...........147 and 156 definitely different assemblies - that's why 156 ones seldom break, but 147 ones do....

I can sort a 156 assembly if you get stuck, JT......(tho your nearest local scrapyard should have one.......just be aware that the wiper motors themselves change about 2001/2 - make sure you get the correct one.)

·
Registered
30,222 Posts
Actually not sure if its a little different for the 147 vs 156. Probably the same though.
147 have nasty plastic linkages, 156 are metal.
147 ones constantly break.
156 ones don't.

Motors changed for the 2002 156 interior facelift.
Linkages may be the same pre/post facelift.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Going to say. Incidently I sold the wiper motor tonight. Win! My car lives on in others

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh no it isn't...........147 and 156 definitely different assemblies - that's why 156 ones seldom break, but 147 ones do....

I can sort a 156 assembly if you get stuck, JT......(tho your nearest local scrapyard should have one.......just be aware that the wiper motors themselves change about 2001/2 - make sure you get the correct one.)
Thanks yes I might need your help with this. Unfortunately I didn't get an opportunity to look at this yesterday but will do over the weekend so I'll be back in touch. Thanks Jennifer

1 - 12 of 12 Posts