Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Testing the water with my beloved Brera 2.4 (210)
For those of you that know me and my car, she has wanted for nothing and every conceivable problem or potential problem has been fixed.
Photo attached of full list of work since day one, loads of history & invoices, recent cambelt, water pump including a full set of rockers - warranted for 12 months. Only covered 66,000 miles.
Any sensible offers for this prized Brera?

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
That is a thing of absolute beauty right there. I'd bite your arm off if it would seat 2 in the back properly!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
948 Spider LE
9,393 Posts
Somebody's put graffiti on it above the nearside front lights.
And the lower 159 front end looks a little unusual.
Incredibly low mileage for a DERV; I kept saying you should have got a petrol, and you've finally taken the advice... :wink:

It should be a hassle-free car for someone. Good luck with the sale.

Reactions: Topic

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Somebody's put graffiti on it above the nearside front lights.
And the lower 159 front end looks a little unusual.
Incredibly low mileage for a DERV; I kept saying you should have got a petrol, and you've finally taken the advice... :wink:

It should be a hassle-free car for someone. Good luck with the sale.
The wing badges have changed to the cloverleaf and the decal on the bonnet also makes it stand out, all of which are easily removed so of no concern and individual preferences- The 159 bumper I personally think looks much nicer.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Beautiful apart from the flawed tugboat sound on start up.
Not quite the same flaw as Cindy Crawford’s Mole
But you’ll start receiving the thrills that you’ve been cheating yourself out of once you own the petrol variant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Beautiful looking car.

Salute, Giordano.

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
8,365 Posts
Not one for me....but lots of people will be searching the net for one I'm sure.....so how about an idea of the price? If you ask for offers people are always going to lowball you.....might cut out the timewasters if nothing else! Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If people want it then they will make a decent offer, they will know if it’s a stupid offer!
I am in no rush to sell and don’t necessarily have to, I can use her as my daily driver.
The price will be between me and the buyer and not advertised for all to see, a better option in my mind?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Best of luck with the sale , she's in great condition all round by the look's of it.

I never really understood the 'Make me an offe'r mindset , prices vary and not everyone who may be interested would know where the price would sit as they vary greatly particularly with Alfa's of a certain type , if there was a price range they may know if it's in their ball park or completely of of their range...A Brera depending on condition could fetch anywhere from 4k - 15k pounds...just me but if I was buying or selling I'd like an indication given , I'd rarely take a seller seriously without a ball park or price (Not a reflection on you just in general sites with POA etc)

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Agree on the front bumper, looks very nice, does it have a splitter added too?
K&N filter give nicer induction noise?

Reactions: Topic

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Agree on the front bumper, looks very nice, does it have a splitter added too?
K&N filter give nicer induction noise?
Yes it has a splitter, the K&N does make a difference in my experience, especially after the remap.
A lot say (not to mention any names - You know who you are) that the diesel sounds terrible but this is not my experience, I think she sounds very throaty especially on Regen or higher revs. I’ve heard MUCH worse Diesel engines, the Astra 1.7 for one, now that does sound agriculture.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Yes my 2.4 sounded great to, well for a desesal.. odd as it soumds when I fitted the none pre cat down pipe it was noticably quieter with a great 5 pot warble at mid revs, that had a foam air filter which didn't make any difference to the intake noise

·
Registered
948 Spider LE
9,393 Posts
A lot say (not to mention any names - You know who you are) that the diesel sounds terrible but this is not my experience, I think she sounds very throaty especially on Regen or higher revs. I’ve heard MUCH worse Diesel engines, the Astra 1.7 for one, now that does sound agriculture.
Does it make the knocking sound like this one?

Reactions: alcooker
1 - 20 of 23 Posts