Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I thought it worth sharing my first months ownership of my gorgeous black 159 SW.:thumbs:

I bought it from Perry in Amersham 5 weeks ago and got a good deal from them - they repaired all minor scratches and even re-sprayed the bonnet for me, repaired a scuffed alloy - in fact, when i collected the car, it looked factory new, with 9,500 miles on it. The young sales guy, James, was very helpful.

I love driving it and can't stop looking at it - i have to stop myself from looking at my reflection in shop windows and thinking what a great looking car it is! :wow:

Its been back the main dealer once for a door window switch to be repaired under warranty (and then back again to get it fixed again!) Some toe-rag pushed in one of the rear parking sensors which I am also getting repaired under warranty too.

I've filled it up twice now and have been averaging about 41mpg with a combination of motorway and A roads - which I am very happy with. Its now got 10,500 on the clock and seems eager to go anywhere i want it too.

I've noticed a whistling from the driver door mirror and can see from many posts there should be an easy fix from the dealer for this.

Apart from that, no probems.. until I scuffed a wheel on the kerb yesterday! :cry:

I've driven a couple of work colleagues in it for a 200 mile round trip, and both complimented it on how smooth and quiet it was on the motorway. They both have Audi's and thought the quality was on-par with them!

In summary - apart from niggly warranty stuff -I am very pleased with my choice. I had an Alfasud 1.5ti 20 years go which was a great little car to drive about - this certainly brings back memories of how much fun driving can (and should) be.

Thank you Alfa for a great car - my days of owning a German dull soul-less car are behind me once and forever. :cheese:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Living the dream mate! Everyone at my work goes "Alfa! How many times had that broke down" I then take out for a burn just to the top of the road and round the roundabout and job done! One bloke went white and was nearly sick, quality!

Carry on enjoying yours:D

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
glad you are enjoying it :thumbs:

TBH the 159 has better quality than any Audi I have been in :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts