Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15,837 Posts
I like that quite a lot. I've always wanted a Bandit Trans Am too.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Definitely a sub-zero, despite it not being my favourite version of the Firebird!

Would it be churlish of me to point out that to the purist the Firebird is a ponycar, not a musclecar?

OK, I'll get me coat . . . :byebye:

·
Registered
15,837 Posts
Definitely a sub-zero, despite it not being my favourite version of the Firebird!

Would it be churlish of me to point out that to the purist the Firebird is a ponycar, not a musclecar?

OK, I'll get me coat . . . :byebye:
I've a vague recollection that we've had this discussion before. Undoubtedly technically correct but I think the distinction is slightly lost on us on this little island because the smaller ponycars were still massive compared to anything available on this side of the pond. Also, it's got a twin turbo Chevy LS motor, realistically it must have shedloads of power (there are 1000 BHP+ turbo LS motors out there) so muscle seems the right word.

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
Like his approach. Sounds lovely.
I don't exactly know why, but I never took to the 'Smokey' Trans Am. I like the overall shape but I think it is the front that I just can't get on with. The gold on black and Pheonix logo on the bonnet does not help.

Always preferred the Camaro. A little more subtle.

http://carswithmuscles.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/1970Camaro_title.jpg

·
Administrator. ?? ?? Devoid of gorm.
7,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, what do you lot think of the recreation?

·
Registered
15,837 Posts
It's got Burt Reynolds' approval so that's good enough for me. There is some internet chatter about it being a Camaro in disguise but the two were always built on the same platform with subtle differences in the bodywork anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts