Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

finally I got the 1.6 able 40 mpg and beyond . Boom.

20 ish miles of m6 on my daily commute one way.
Overall that tank made 483 miles @ 62.6 litres. Which average 35 mpg. As once I'm off the motorway it's red line time

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Great thing is it constantly still hits over 40 mpg. Not bad. But does make me wonder how much I could get out the 1.9 8v diesel if I can get above 40 on a petrol.

Bet if it had the 2.0 gearbox or even the six speed from a 166 I might be a couple more. But it would be dog slow.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Excellent news! I've proved to myself that it's mostly down to how you drive.
I picked up my new (to me) Mito 155hp today, I've managed to get 42mpg so far but the Dynamic setting won't see that last for long!

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it should be set to dynamic mode as standard. Whats the point in having power if you can't just use it on tap.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
I know! To be honest when I test drove it I left it in normal as I didn't understand how it worked then tonight I read the manual and took it for a spin. It's like a totally different car.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What does it actually do. I imagine it lowers steering assistance and ups the throttle sensitivity. Unless it does something crazy like add more boost I can't see it doing much.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Yes you are right, the obvious things are that it makes the accelerator far more responsive and the engine appears freer revving, it weights up the steering and does something to the traction control as well. On cars with active damping it stiffens the suspension as well.
I'll get kicked out of here for talking about MiTos in the 156/147 lounge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts