Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I liked the old Quattroporte better.... it had that 'understatement' thing about it....
This just looks like a Sportscar with two excess doors... :rolleyes:

Sorry :( frown

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
I'm not sure what to think of it :( I have to see it in real life. I didn't have that eek! -expression on my face like for instance when I saw the McLaren F1, the Lamborghini Murcielago, my Alfa 147 for the first time frown

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like it. As David says, the understatement of the previous model was one of it's greatest assets, a real sleeper, being able to smoke almost everything crossing it's path. The new one is a bigger car, 5.1 meters long, and meant to compete with the Mercedes S-Class and the Beemer 7 series. Compared to those two fugly cars I'll take the Maser any day. :p

Cheers

Hoygs

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
Thanks Hoygs :)

Hmm, if I "had" to choose a limousine type of car, this would be my natural choice, above th Siebener oder S klasse :D

But I like the coupe-sports-type-mid-life-crises 3200 GT better wink

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Front views good, profile hmmmm not sure , have to see one in the flesh. Still have it over anything else (except perhaps a Jag).

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Steve, you're right. I'll have it over anything German. The front's maybe a bit too voloptuos, but the profile is woohey! Maybe a JAG would prove to be somewhat more classy. Dunno, I'm a sucker for anything italian

grtz

Hoy

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I dunno. It's not THAT great-looking. Profile is ok, but maybe it's to big. The front isn't aggressive or impressive enought. But it might (uh-oh) beat the A8 as the current most beautifull biggiebiggie-car (altough the new XJ might beat it too, have to see that one too).

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
I just don't know what to think about the ahead lights... And I hope the rear light's wont look as the 4200!
But the body looks :cool: for a 4 doors.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Hoygs,
you can just smell the ruched leather and cherry wood now mmm :D eek! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts