Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Get your bloody headlights fixed and don't use your front foglights to compensate for the lack of forward lighting:tut::mad:

There, I feel better for that:thumbs:

Seriously, I am going to write to my local Chief Constable to suggest that traffic plod divert some of their resources into stopping these cars as I pass 20 or more each day.

IMHO, it's more dangerous than doing 70 in a 60 or 85 on a NSA dual carrigeway!!!!

·
Premium Member
42,814 Posts
you feel better now Si :D

·
Registered
44,669 Posts
In the dark it looks like a motorbike coming towards you, then when you get with 100 yards you realise it's some old Volvo with a headlight out.

I don't think plod are too bothered by the problem, if they catch you sppeding and you have a light out it's just another fine to go into the cheif constables pocket.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
I remember getting stopped by a plod car a few years back, I had accidently gone through a red light :eek:, they let me off because somehow they couldn't officially use their car as it had a headlamp out. I did explain that I honestly didn't see the set of lights as I used to live in the area and they had only just gone up so don't know the real reason.

·
Registered
37,151 Posts
I see lots of this as well.

Another favorite is wonky headlights, so that one of them dazzles you. It is especially bad if you are being followed and dazzled in your mirrors.

These people should not change bulbs if they cannot fit them correctly. :rant:

P

·
0 Posts
You can see people coming towards you? :confused:

I find folk dive off into the hedges and ditches after being blinded by my lights and hence are never a problem :thumbs:

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
After our NW christmas dinner last night a few of us went for a run, we were followed for ages by some 'chavtype' with one headlight:rolleyes:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just a thought, who read the thread title and thought I was talking about GB:eek:

:lol:

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Get your bloody headlights fixed and don't use your front foglights to compensate for the lack of forward lighting:tut::mad:

There, I feel better for that:thumbs:

Seriously, I am going to write to my local Chief Constable to suggest that traffic plod divert some of their resources into stopping these cars as I pass 20 or more each day.

IMHO, it's more dangerous than doing 70 in a 60 or 85 on a NSA dual carrigeway!!!!
In general I'd agree, but earlier this year one of my headlight bulbs went and I wasn't in a position to be able to replace it for a few days. Unfortunately the sidelight on the same side had gone some time before - and yes I was just too lazy to replace that :p - and so to compensate for looking like a motorbike I used my front fogs. Hope you don't have a problem with this as well.....

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
this is actually the one and only time i think its acceptable to use your foglights when it not foggy, but only as a very temporary measure, ie you dont have a spare bulb and halfords isnt open untill the morning.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's that time of year & they're back:mad:

Along with bicyclists with no lights, pedestrians with dark clothing & all the potholes in the road that are filled with water so hard to see in the dark:rant:

Remind me exacty why we pay c£1k a year in road tax for our three & £1.36 a litre at the pumps:(

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Holy thread resurrection batman!!!! I see you haven't calmed down yet!!

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts