Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new Brera S 2.2 in Black yesterday.

Only had time to put 20 miles on it so far so not really got a good feel for it yet.

I'm still feeling sad about the Fiat Coupé 20VT I had to sell to make room for the new car!

This is my first Alfa and hope that my experience confounds all those out there who laughed when I said I was buying Italian again!

Also, is it just me or are the seats really hard?!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers chap. No doubt I'll be pestering people here with "Should it be doing this..." and "Has anyone else found this..."

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I like the Brera s:) And i want one.There is a Black 2.2 at my local dealer just down the road from me. Shame i cant afford it:( Post some pics for me Weon, so i can see what i cant have:lol:

·
Vendor
47,143 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. The Brera S is absolutely stunning. A fine replacement for your 20VT. :cool:

·
Premium Member
77,425 Posts
It's a beautiful motor, congratulations. Only drawback is that I think if I had one, at my size, the 2.2 might have trouble pulling away!

I'm sure you'll enjoy her!!! :cool:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all.

I might actually get to drive it this weekend too. Since picking it up on Wednesday I've spent about 45 minutes in it! Have noticed a stone chip on the front wing already though :eek:

I will have to force myself to drive it properly though and not have every journey governed by the MPG indicator! Sometimes ignorance really is bliss...

Pud237 - I'll miss the out and out power of the Coupé (the Brera doesn't really come that close) but in terms of comfort (I'm getting old) and general driving enjoyment it's a definite step in the right direction.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Congrats on your new Brera, its a superb car, had mine for 12 weeks now still got a massive grin :D. You will get used to the seats soon enough. As for the raw power, you will learn to appreciate that its really a grand tourer rather than an out and out sports car. Enjoy :thumbs:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As for the raw power, you will learn to appreciate that its really a grand tourer rather than an out and out sports car. Enjoy :thumbs:
True enough. To be fair, I never used to rag the Coupé but it was nice to be able to plant my right foot and get that turbo-induced grin!

The S makes me smile for different reasons, not least of which is the fact that it doesn't loosen my fillings every time I drive over a pebble!

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Congrats on the car, get some pics up!

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Welcome to the fold and cognratulations! I'd recommend getting the front end covered in some kind of paintshielding like Venture shield o stop those paintchips. It really works, I'm glad I did mine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, thought about it but it's too expensive. I'd rather just try and keep on top of them with a touch-up pen and then when it gets bad, have it resprayed (I know a guy that does excellent work at a good price). Don't really drive that often so it's not likely to be a problem.

I'm also used to the chips having driven a Fiat with paint made of cheese.

G

·
I will have to force myself to drive it properly though and not have every journey governed by the MPG indicator! Sometimes ignorance really is bliss...
The MPG indicator is just a toy - set it to "current MPG" and try to get the lowest possible reading when accelerating hard :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts