Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just called the AA telling them I wanted to leave and low and behold they offer me £45.50 off my next years membership.......well that was worth the phone call! :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
42,863 Posts
nice one..... amazing how these great offers surface when you tell 'em you're off.... :)

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,369 Posts
Good result but this sort of thing really annoys me. :mad:

It's like car insurance renewal, you get it through the post and then hunt around for a better deal. Having done this you 'phone up the original company and immediately get a reduction to on or about the best deal from other companies that you have found. If their reduced price now offered is the " real " price why wasn't this offered in the original renewal quote ? They must think that we are all stupid.

D

·
0 Posts
I did that but they still couldn't match the new customer offer from the RAC so I left.

No doubt the RAC won't match the introductory offer from the AA next year so back round we go, jumping through hoops to save a couple of quick because computer says no.

This sort of carry-on winds me up no end.

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Bristish gas did the same with my electric. Wouldn't give me the tariff I wanted, till it was too late and I was leaving. Then they tried to beat it !!!

D

·
0 Posts
Doesn't it just drive you insane knowing you have to play the game, waste a day getting quotes and knowing full well when you want to leave they'll offer you something better. Let's just cut the crap and give me your best offer so save me the hassle.

Mobile phones, broadband, cable TV, house and car insurance, it's a never ending series of hoops to jump through but if you don't play the game these companies rip us off at every opportunity.

Grrrr!

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
:lol: Calm down dear !!!

D

·
0 Posts
It's just one of these things in life that is made needlessly difficult for the sake of ripping the public off and making a quick buck, before you pick the phone up you know exactly how the conversation is going to pan out.

And don't get me started on Micheal Loser and how much I hate him too ....

... aaaaand realax

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,369 Posts
And another thing !

Just set up a DD to pay the TV License annually, easy peasy.

Tried to do the same for the Water Company, so convoluted I gave up. :mad: Perhaps it's because Water uses " old " technology ! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts