Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
For moi, nothing prétentieux, but a bottle of Gevrey Chambertin, firm bodied and dark, with a soupçon of tannic vibrancy, from a good year of course.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I would be torn between a good crisp, cold Bavarian Pilsner or a full bodied Italian red wine. Wouldn't be an easy choice. Oh and a bar of Cadburys Dairy Milk if its the red wine.

·
Administrator
45,161 Posts
Monkey Shoulder? Is that an Alan Partridge fronted TV show pilot?

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
A pint of Exmoor Gold. I know nothing about it (its probably some form of generic Carlsberg owned branded bitter for all I know) - but a couple of summer's before my dad died, him and I did an old car rally down on Exmoor and we stayed in a B&B pub that served that ale and I cannot think of a happier memory of me and my dad than us sitting outside that pub on a sunny evening on Exmoor both drinking Exmoor Gold and talking about cars.

I shall take my son one day down there, find that pub, and sit on the same wall with him and talk about oily stuff and his grandad.

A wonderful pint.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
A pint of Exmoor Gold. I know nothing about it (its probably some form of generic Carlsberg owned branded bitter for all I know) - but a couple of summer's before my dad died, him and I did an old car rally down on Exmoor and we stayed in a B&B pub that served that ale and I cannot think of a happier memory of me and my dad than us sitting outside that pub on a sunny evening on Exmoor both drinking Exmoor Gold and talking about cars.

I shall take my son one day down there, find that pub, and sit on the same wall with him and talk about oily stuff and his grandad.

A wonderful pint.
That's what it's all about,Fred.

Nice post.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Since it's my original thread.......I am allowed a get out clause.

My brother just brought me round a wee Christmas Eve tipple.....McGargle's Big bangin' IPA ...at a cheeky 7.1%.

Hic :p

·
Banned
3 Posts
Depending on my mood, I can drink one or a couple of glasses of alcohol, mostly beer, rarely whiskey. Sometimes I can even do it myself while watching a movie or chatting online with friends or some nice girl, for example, hookupmasters , spend a good time, relax and it helps me restore my strengths!

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Jack Daniels...straight, no ice, room temperature, large....

Even a sip of JD brings back memories of drinking it straight from the bottle at Wembley Arena watching Guns N Roses on their Use your Illusion tour in about '92.

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
What was this nice saying I heard once that made me chuckle:

“I’m a weekend drinker. I start on a Sunday, and finish on a Saturday.”

:)

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
Final weekend of dry January. Bruges beer festival next weekend. This involves a 6am flight from Manchester and may get ugly.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts