Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, heres the lowdown...Some pleb, me, has topped up his oil level, disposed of the container in a enviromentally friendly way, closed the bonnet and driven off in a hurry to see his solicitor( lawyer that is, before Pomeo jumps in Lol). After seeing strange oil marks on the road outside the house, it appears I have forgotten to replace the filler cap, due to my haste and the fact that I'm a complete Choob!!! Now the question... Does anyone have a spare filler cap for a 1.8ts I can buy, long shot I know. Or can I be directed as to where I can pick one in a hurry? Any help would be most graciously appreciated. Cheers, and yes I am a numpty LOL:eek:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Try a PM to iainfm. I got some bits and pieces from him recently.

Or try Mclennans at loanhead who have a few scrap 156's in their yard

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, its not in the undertray, I'm not that lucky. Emailed McLennans to see if they have one, cheers guys

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nip into or call Dr Chick
Where in EK is Chick? Not been before, but I was thinking about doing that earlier. Just spent an hour looking around Kirklands Hospital to see if it was lying about, no joy. Will just have to make do with the old temporary oily rag fix for now...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dixon Place in College Milton North. Online map from postcode G74 5JF mate. 01355 239974. He's bound to have one.
Cheers mate, will need to see him for a service. Got a filler cap, Iainfm has sorted me out, kind man that he is...

Thanks for the help everyone :)

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Go down to your local garage and get one of those temporary rubber petrol cap thingt's that you can trim to size and use that as a temprorary fix..............

Cheers to All
Peter

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Go down to your local garage and get one of those temporary rubber petrol cap thingt's that you can trim to size and use that as a temprorary fix..............

Cheers to All
Peter

Tried to get one of those today without success. I have the proper one on the way to me now, cheers:thumbs:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to iainfm, this small problem has now been successfully resolved! Still feel like a mammary though lol...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts