Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I’m trying to scrounge some knackered suspension parts to use as templates in a coilover project firstly for mine but then hopefully as a kit for others “if the manufacturer agrees”.

Front:
Ideally looking for a pair of front upper mounts, does not matter about the condition as long as the main metal retainer is intact “both would be great but a single one would be fab to”.

Back:
A shock absorber ideally one that still stops at both ends of travel and is straight
A spring or the measurements of one unloaded the outer& inner width at both ends as well as height would be very helpful.

If you have any of the above that you are about to bin and you don’t mind shipping it to me (London)w12 “at my expense” please let me know.

Many thanks

James

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Hi guys

I’m trying to scrounge some knackered suspension parts to use as templates in a coilover project firstly for mine but then hopefully as a kit for others “if the manufacturer agrees”.

Front:
Ideally looking for a pair of front upper mounts, does not matter about the condition as long as the main metal retainer is intact “both would be great but a single one would be fab to”.

Back:
A shock absorber ideally one that still stops at both ends of travel and is straight
A spring or the measurements of one unloaded the outer& inner width at both ends as well as height would be very helpful.

If you have any of the above that you are about to bin and you don’t mind shipping it to me (London)w12 “at my expense” please let me know.

Many thanks

James
Hi, I still have all of the above I think, by top mounts do you mean these?

http://www.ebspares.co.uk/SHOP/EB4/pic/EB626.JPG

And what do you mean by retainer?

I have both of these, plus both rear springs and rear shocks, though they are all from a Twinspark, if that makes any difference?

They are chuffing heavy though, esp the top mounts!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes those are the ones
I think maybe the description of retainer was not very good i just meant the metal bit on the top mount that bolts into the turret then holds the central section :)
All of the above are identical for all 916 variants so perfect!

If you don’t mind me taking them off your hands can you let me know roughly where you are and a estimation of the weight so I can figure out the shipping costs?

Cheers
James

1 - 5 of 5 Posts