Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally got the videos from my friend and edited them last night.

Check out my spin in T4 which happened at about 130km/h on the GPS :thumbs: Note how fast Trackman's dad comes past me just before entering the corner! :wow:

Spinning out at T4

Here is a full lap - an average one at 1:28, since the traffic cost me a lot of time through T2 and the whole table-top section - knowing I won't be able to overtake due to no power makes you drive at 8/10ths. Notice how big the gap to the GTV6 and JacquesL's Giulietta is and how much I make up under braking and through the corners! When they put power down I disappear in the rear-view though :( I follow Trackman's Giulietta for the first bit till he disappears past the GTV6 and Jacques. My best time of the day was a 1:26 in the first session when I was driving alone and testing the car to see if it was fine. I'm sure it can go a second or two quicker as it is now.

Lap around Zwartkops

The only mods to my car are as follows:
GTV6 Torsion Bars
Spax Adjustable Shocks - Front
Koni Adjustable Shocks - Rear
Standard rear springs cut down 2 coils.
Interior stripped out - just bucket seat for driver and stock (18kg) seat for passenger.
Bridgestone Semi-Slick Tyres.

Everything else is stock. Brakes are still dead-stock - solid discs! Motor is so down on power it's not even funny, and as you can hear in the videos, there is a hectic exhaust leak from the head :cry: The tie-rod ends also have so much play it's actually ridiculous! Need to sort that out before taking it on the track again!

· Registered
13,870 Posts
Nice!I watched the vids on FB!

Where did you get the GTV6 torsions?Even if its 2.5 ones I want!

I've been thinking for a while noe that I'd like to build a budget race car like u did!

I'lll have to check in future as it look like a lot of fun!!!

· Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice!I watched the vids on FB!

Where did you get the GTV6 torsions?Even if its 2.5 ones I want!

I've been thinking for a while noe that I'd like to build a budget race car like u did!

I'lll have to check in future as it look like a lot of fun!!!
It's a lot of fun man! I just need to put some time and some money into it to make it a bit better. The motor needs work - I need GoTech management, and the whole head needs to be redone. Gearbox has no syncros on 2nd... it's so bad. Suspension bushes, tie-rod ends, brakes.... it's a never-ending list! Have to do rollcage too, quite important.

I got the torsion-bars from Trackman's dad - they normal 2.5 GTV6 ones - 23mm.

I've managed to drive it home after both track days. That is always a good thing! :thumbs:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.