Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed on one Rush's pictures (the 145 I think) that he was using an OMP strut brace and so while I am still familiarising myself with who's who in the zoo, I think it's Rush's brothers who own the fast Alfas, 156 and GTV, that Speed And Sound once featured.

The short question: in that feature the 156 had an OMP strut brace. I would like to get something similar for the wagon and I know they sell them in the UK, but are there any local retailers for these things?

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I asked this same question last year.

Long story short, after numerous phomes calls and dead ends I finally got in contact with Kobus of ATS and his reply was:

Apologies for the confusion

Strut brace as per your part number R 1345.00 + vat = R1533.30

Delivery 5 weeks from receipt of full payment

Please note we (ATS Motorsport) can not guarantee that this brace will fit your vehicle as the vehicle in Europe do sometimes differ from the local model.

We await your kind reply

Trouble was I did not want an OMP model. I wanted the original ALFA one so I decided to wait.

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
i wonder if jerry at import parts can help

·
Registered
181 Posts
I noticed on one Rush's pictures (the 145 I think) that he was using an OMP strut brace and so while I am still familiarising myself with who's who in the zoo, I think it's Rush's brothers who own the fast Alfas, 156 and GTV, that Speed And Sound once featured.

The short question: in that feature the 156 had an OMP strut brace. I would like to get something similar for the wagon and I know they sell them in the UK, but are there any local retailers for these things?

TVR_VDV, the only Alfa's we have strut braces fitted to is our 156 and our two GTV's. The 156 has the Alfa Romeo one which you can purchase from the dealerships.......part no. 5901392. I think it's made my Momo.
I've ordered the GTV's strut braces from an OMP dealer down here in CT.
Here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oi Rush, no more pictures of your cars! Those Alfas are teh sax on wheels.

Being a dealer part for the 156 will make sourcing it a bit easier for my wagon then.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Oi Rush, no more pictures of your cars! Those Alfas are teh sax on wheels.

Being a dealer part for the 156 will make sourcing it a bit easier for my wagon then.

:lol:, thanks bud.
Any of the dealerships in your neck of the woods should be able to give you an answer whether they or FASA have stock if you give them that part no.
Good luck :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Rush, thanks but when I have quoted that part number to dealers I have received replies ranging from:
"That part number does not exist", "it did exist but is no longer valid", "we will have to try FASA", "sorry FASA cannot help". FASA said "we will have to try Italy" "we don't think it is available anymore" and on, and on and........on!! I even went so far as to email them pics of the Alfa Strutbrace (the one with the indent for the reservoir. It's not on EPER. Eventually I could not take it anymore and just gave up and went the OMP route - see above for replies.

So Rush, maybe you have more clout with the dealers and FASA and whoever. Can you find out from your connections whether it is available? Thanks man.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Rush, thanks but when I have quoted that part number to dealers I have received replies ranging from:
"That part number does not exist", "it did exist but is no longer valid", "we will have to try FASA", "sorry FASA cannot help". FASA said "we will have to try Italy" "we don't think it is available anymore" and on, and on and........on!! I even went so far as to email them pics of the Alfa Strutbrace (the one with the indent for the reservoir. It's not on EPER. Eventually I could not take it anymore and just gave up and went the OMP route - see above for replies.

So Rush, maybe you have more clout with the dealers and FASA and whoever. Can you find out from your connections whether it is available? Thanks man.

One would think that by giving the dealership the part no, it would make things easier when ordering :(. The only thing that comes to mind is that there's no more stock and FASA is not planning to bring in any. Who did you speak to........was it Schus R300 or Gary Green Auto ?
I've ordered mine from William Simpson when they were still an Alfa dealership. I've got the invoice in my hand......i bought it in January '08.
I'm going to send Anthony up at FASA an e-mail and check what's the story on those strut braces......will let you know once i've got a reply.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts