Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMP racing have just released 3 new strut braces for the Mito :)

there is a front upper, front lower and a front upper with reinforcements

I will post up some pics this week when they have arrived from Italy

they are designed on LHD car so I need to check fitment to RHD models, fingers crossed there wont be any issues

hopefully might tighten the front end up a little as it can be a bit wishy washy on the twisties!

hopefully I can fit them at work on the wife's mito...and she will never know lol! her words when she bought it, was "you are not using my car for any work stuff" ha ha!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I used to drive a Fiat Coupe tb. A strut brace was a popular mod on the model and I considered fitting them, but I always thought this:

There may be benefits, but by restraining the suspension mounts surely the stress is just passed somewhere else, perhaps detrimentally?

Maybe I have misunderstood the concept. Any experts out there?

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
just stops the natural flex of the metal, nothing detrimental, unless you have a side impact on the front, then the shock will transfer through the brace and the other side too.

pros outweigh the cons though. had them on my stilo, made such a big different:D

the only thing it may effect it the tyre ware, but the aligment will need changing anyway to put the tyres back in full contact with the road. and the life of the driveshafts will be shortened as they will be at an unnatural angle. most of these problems wont surafce though until way past the time you have the car, unless your planning to keep it for quite a while.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the only thing it may effect it the tyre ware, but the aligment will need changing anyway to put the tyres back in full contact with the road. and the life of the driveshafts will be shortened as they will be at an unnatural angle. most of these problems wont surafce though until way past the time you have the car, unless your planning to keep it for quite a while.
you dont need to do anything to the alignment as it wont effect it at all, same for tyre wear.

Angle of the driveshafts? Its a strut brace!....you are not lowering the car! I think you are getting confused about what it actually does

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
you dont need to do anything to the alignment as it wont effect it at all, same for tyre wear.

Angle of the driveshafts? Its a strut brace!....you are not lowering the car! I think you are getting confused about what it actually does

no, i was thinking of lowering too, just getting carried away with what i did to my stilo, waffling if you will:thumbs:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the mito braces arrived today! will get them fitted and post up some pics asap :)

·
Registered
6,811 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes I have them all in stock at work now

OMP designed them on a JTD model yes so I need to trial fit them to a petrol model to see if any fitting issue's

the lower brace will fit fine as bolts directly to suspension

·
Registered
39 Posts
yes I have them all in stock at work now

OMP designed them on a JTD model yes so I need to trial fit them to a petrol model to see if any fitting issue's

the lower brace will fit fine as bolts directly to suspension
Thanks!Looking forward to hear if the upper one fits too.Keep us posted:thumbs:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts