Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 145 Boxer has developed an ominous clunk on the nearside when going over bumps, and on the offside when putting on the power. Help.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Welcome to the forum ..... :)

Sounds like you may have some worn bushes on the wishbones and/or anti-roll bar. Just had mine fixed today - had the same sort of noise over bumps and sharp braking; got progressively worse until I could actually feel the play at the front.

I got both lower wishbones at the front and the bushes on the anti-roll bar done for just under 300 squid - so not too bad.

Worth getting your mechanic to have a look :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by davjhmcr:
<strong>My 145 Boxer has developed an ominous clunk on the nearside when going over bumps, and on the offside when putting on the power. Help.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Been to garage and they say they can't find the fault. All the bushes are intact, and there is no play on any of the wishbones. Any other ideas?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts