Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17,564 Posts
I thought it was very well put together.

Senna was an amazing driver, his own person and had great faith :cool:

M

·
0 Posts
I bought it a few weeks ago....very good overall, but (whilst not a huge fan) I felt it put Prost in a very bad light.

A great film though, and I'll watch it again as soon as my mate gives it back.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
I watched the extended version, I was actually quite disappointed that there wasn't more interviews with the drivers and commentators.

I don't think Prost came across particularly well in the archive interview footage and have to wonder if this was intentional with some choice editing.

M

·
0 Posts
I watched the extended version, I was actually quite disappointed that there wasn't more interviews with the drivers and commentators.

I don't think Prost came across particularly well in the archive interview footage and have to wonder if this was intentional with some choice editing.
Ditto on your second paragraph mate....I wonder how much influence the Senna family had regarding any 'editing'???......their dislike for Prost must have been as strong as Ayrton's.

·
Registered
674 Posts
..... and have to wonder if this was intentional with some choice editing.
All movies need an antagonist and protagonist; there had to be some selective editing to make "the story".

Great film nevertheless. The in-car footage was mesmeric: because they weren't clicking a button to change gear every half-second like now there was a real feeling of hanging on in the corners.

Loved it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I saw it at the cinema a few months ago. Great watch! Especially if you into Motorsport. Obviously this isn't an action movie, but I think it is engrossing and gives an insteresting insight into F1 behind the scenes. I think Prost came out of it OK to be honest, appeared to be made out to be a bit like the villain during most of film, but I felt their was/is a redemption moment towards the end that showed him in a better light.

Never gone out of my way to watch documentaries in the past but really wanted to watch it as I was gutted (as a 10 year old boy) when Senna was killed. True legend! I think Prost is cool too though, just different to Senna!

·
Registered
674 Posts
I watched it in the cinema too and it was worth the effort.

To experience the whole audience gasping in shock with Barrichello slammed into the wall at speed was spine tingling.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts