Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
My home for waifes & strays is full so.. no :cry:
Yes it is cheap at the moment, maybe as its a bit of a bitsa, bits of SI & S2 all mixed into one as it looks to me, looks like its been put together at speed for some photos! Its a car well worth taking on though for somebody who really wants a chrome bumper Ti, sure someone will save it :)

K

·
0 Posts
you bidding harvey?

quite like the look of that one..

recognise the ebay user name though :confused: can't think who it is though

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its terrible Kev can't help myself:cry:
My sprint I drove this "summer" has now gone to the 2nd garage I'm renting. My TIX is still at the "mother in laws" garage, that I haven't even seen for 2 months (my "boss" decided to quit and so the "other share holders" have put me "in charge" - working 12 hour days 7 days a week to "stay afloat") But the thought of an S1/S2 really does re-kindle my youth when I was courting "she who must be obeyed":lol:
The only problem is that she thinks having 4 alfa's is more than enough:confused: surely being married 23 years is more of a "suprise":lol:
This car is from Linconshire, is there anybody "out there" that can go and look at it:thumbs:
Don't forget gentlemens agreement I was 1st to post :thumbs:
PS whats your hourly rate Kev as It might need your "touch"

K

·
0 Posts
My sprint I drove this "summer" has now gone to the 2nd garage I'm renting. My TIX is still at the "mother in laws" garage, that I haven't even seen for 2 months (my "boss" decided to quit and so the "other share holders" have put me "in charge" - working 12 hour days 7 days a week to "stay afloat") But the thought of an S1/S2 really does re-kindle my youth when I was courting "she who must be obeyed":lol:
The only problem is that she thinks having 4 alfa's is more than enough:confused: surely being married 23 years is more of a "suprise":lol:
This car is from Linconshire, is there anybody "out there" that can go and look at it:thumbs:
grimsby isn't too far for me to go have a look for you if no-one else is nearer.

won't be able to until the weeknd though

will leave it to you mate, first dibs and all that ;)

promise i won't go up there with a wad and take it off him :D

·
Registered
276 Posts
Omg,

Sorry Oui,

Allready bidding, spotted it earlier in the day,

Liam.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
grimsby isn't too far for me to go have a look for you if no-one else is nearer.

won't be able to until the weeknd though

will leave it to you mate, first dibs and all that ;)

promise i won't go up there with a wad and take it off him :D
Thanks Kev but only if its no trouble to you:thumbs: auction ends sunday by the looks of it:cool:

K

·
0 Posts
i've emailed the fella for his address, will pop up this weekend to have a look :thumbs:

will then leave it to you 2 to have a bidding war :lol:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi Oui,

Not sure, reckon more like 1200 if it was a series 1, its got all the right bits, but the car is a series 2, with all the series 1 bits, not a genuine series 1, if your locking for concours, suppose it depends on how desperate the guy wants to get rid, his email name is registered on here, being honest, i,am looking for a series 1 to make a torfeo replica, so this would be ideal, wouldn,t want to be tampering with a genuine series 1. i reckon youre about right 700 to 800
Liam just bidded £350 but still not met reserve - what do you reckon £700??
Liam

K

·
0 Posts
Hi Kev,

Are you still on the same mobile number, have a good look at the chassis and floor pan please.

Thanks Liam
yep, same number mate :thumbs:

was planning on having a good look at the usual suspect areas, sills/jack points/floors/chassis rails/screen surround etc.
will post some pics if i get up there.

not heard anything back from him yet, if i hear anything from him i may go up this afternoon as it's only about 40 miles away. if not will be a sunday morning job. will get some pics up on here well before auction ends though so you guys have a better idea of what it's like :thumbs:

K

·
0 Posts
just had a chat to andy the seller, is the fella who was on here a while back as i thought.

car sound spretty good from what he says.
floors are good, sills need work which he's started on the n/s. jacking points said to be ok. front screen surround said to be excellent, no rot. rear screen has some repiars needed at bottom corners.
the front scuttle/battery tray area has actually been done and finished. i presumed from the listing that it was as per the pictures, a ruddy great bit missing. all welded up, painted & heater box/brake servo re-installed.
engine is back in but needs everything connecting back up to get it running which i can't see being an area of concern knowing these engines.
S1 seats are in fairly good condition, need a clean and a small repair to the drivers one but sound ok.
he has all the S1 trim apart from the front door cards, sorry col....
new rear valance, new n/s front wing, few other bts & bobs but i can't remember it all!

overall it sounds like a reasonable car which needs finishing.

i can go up there in the morning if anyone wants more pictures or an impartial viewing, as long as you don't hold me responsible for not spotting something!

should be over my sniffles by then, have arranged with the seller that i can go up there if needed, just need to let him know tonight.

sounds a really genuine fella much like us all, has too many alfas and not enough time & space. has another S3 sud and a GTV cup. too many cars, too many days at work. i know the feeling :lol:

K

·
0 Posts
can anyone please let me know asap if they want me to go have a look at it in the morning, harvey & liam maybe?
just i promised i would contact andy tonight to arrange a time in the morning to go up there, need to let him know soon.....

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
can anyone please let me know asap if they want me to go have a look at it in the morning, harvey & liam maybe?
just i promised i would contact andy tonight to arrange a time in the morning to go up there, need to let him know soon.....
Yes please Kev, but only really want to spend £800 tops as it'll cost me a few 100 to get it back here (300 mile round trip)
So maybe see if its anywhere near what he's looking for before you have a wasted trip

Thanks
Harvey

1 - 20 of 46 Posts