Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Omlette Cooking

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
38,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You can't make one without breaking some eggs.

But do you flip or slide it under the grill to get that other side
cooked just right? (Maybe with a sprinkling of cheese?)

:D

G

·
I quite like the idea of slipping it under the grill with a sprinkling of cheese, to finish it off though :thumbs:

·
Registered
41,387 Posts
Not that I make or eat them but when the Mrs' Mum has made them she puts them under the grill and they fluff up and end up really thick

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Under the grill overcooks the filling :tut:

and omelette needs to be a little runny in the middle get it just set sprinkle your cheese on and fold it in half give it one minute maximum to heat the inside an flip it on to a plate :inlove:

G

·
But Nev, console yourself with the thought that you have planted firmly in my mind, the desire to have eggs for my tea when I get in tonight!

And I might try the old cheese-under-the-grill thing too! :)

G

·

and omelette needs to be a little runny in the middle get it just set sprinkle your cheese on and fold it in half give it one minute maximum to heat the inside an flip it on to a plate :inlove:
You're making me hungry and we haven't broken for lunch yet! :cry:

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
At least I know how to cook a "proper" omelette, under the grill you might as well eat a Frisbee :tut:

·
Registered
41,387 Posts
You're wrong Spotted one...

Under the grill if you do it right makes it go fluffy and massive

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
I'm surprised TippercanoecantataforNev hasn't called and egg what he normally calls it :cheese:

·
Registered
Porsche Cayenne Diseasel (2011)
26,214 Posts

The man knows his stuff :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts