Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Way back in the Spring this year I posted here that when hard braking a '' dog barking recording '' would shout at me.
I've narrowed it down now and braking isn't the instigator for the '' barking '' ----- it's when I hard accellerate in the lower gears 1st 2nd 3rd then lift off . Usually I'm just having fun on a road where no one's about , to feel the awesome pull this engine has when using the rev's then coming down to almost a halt.
I've no clue how anyone could install such a thing and certainly no clue how to delete it.
Has no one ever come across this ???

·
Registered
92 Posts
Lift off over steer I've heard of, lift off dog barking I haven't :rolleyes:. I remember your post and was following as I can't believe someone would put this on as a feature? Anyway, sorry, I haven't a scooby, but I'm interested in the out come anyway cos it's one of the maddest things I've ever heard of on a car. Hope you eventually find out how & why.

Have you traced tried to trace the previous owner?
Have you asked AR if it's even possible to do/change?

Good luck anyway!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lift off over steer I've heard of, lift off dog barking I haven't :rolleyes:. I remember your post and was following as I can't believe someone would put this on as a feature? Anyway, sorry, I haven't a scooby, but I'm interested in the out come anyway cos it's one of the maddest things I've ever heard of on a car. Hope you eventually find out how & why.

Have you traced tried to trace the previous owner?
Have you asked AR if it's even possible to do/change?

Good luck anyway!
I've not asked an Alfa Romeo dealer about it and the previous ownner was a company and it had two drivers over it's 46,000 miles . Obviously one of them was well versed in electronics -- unlike me who knows NOW'T :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Had a 944 that 'barked' under heavy load through the gears but obviously not an actual bark.
As Jaba says, we need a recording or this is surely some sort of daft wind-up.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
It's not coming from the exhaust system is it? I'm just wondering if a mechanic got mixed up and installed a dog instead of a cat.

I'm so sorry:eek:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Had a 944 that 'barked' under heavy load through the gears but obviously not an actual bark.
As Jaba says, we need a recording or this is surely some sort of daft wind-up.
Definitely NOT a wind-up . I do have an iphone but not '' smart '' enough to record as well as drive in a manner for this to happen , even then I wouldn't be able to put it up here , can't even add photos as it's more tricky on this forum than others. Can't just browse ' my pics ' on the PC and add .
Anyone going anywhere near Aston Clinton who wants to here this ' racket ' please drop me a line via PM.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Set your phone on record to get the clip and then upload it on Google drive/drop box or YouTube even and post the link here.. Do let us know at point in the file the sound comes up so we wouldn't have to listen to the entire thing if the recording is long

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Set your phone on record to get the clip and then upload it on Google drive/drop box or YouTube even and post the link here.. Do let us know at point in the file the sound comes up so we wouldn't have to listen to the entire thing if the recording is long
Trouble with your good instructions is that you're talking a langauge I have no clue about , being a 70 yr old fart , Google drive/drop box means absolutely nothing to me , simply don't understand those terms period. Thanks for the info but just don't know or use these things.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Trouble with your good instructions is that you're talking a langauge I have no clue about , being a 70 yr old fart , Google drive/drop box means absolutely nothing to me , simply don't understand those terms period. Thanks for the info but just don't know or use these things.
Does this mean you can't teach an old 'dog' new tricks?

Sorry, I'll get my coat...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts