1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How tricky is this to replace / swap
Was the replacement from partsworld?
Yes, OEM from Partsworld.

I had trouble getting the old one out, because of the rust. Had to turn the motor manually and use much WD40. Once fully open, it's just a case of undoing 6 small screws (IIRC) and lifting the whole thing clear. Replacement should be the reverse of removal, as they say, but I haven't put the new one in yet. The car's in the garage, and bodywork rust is my main priority.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Nice. I'd check out & blow through all the sunroof drains (x4) as well.

Wish I had a sunroof .

·
Registered
6 Posts
I finally managed to extract the old sunroof from my GTV project. The frame had a bit of rust on it! I now have a nice new one to pop in. Happy days!
I look forward to hearing how it all went! My sunroof only opens with the key thingy but closes using switch. Maybe its jamming when closed. Will try and sort in summer (winter here). In the past I've sorted recalcitrant sunroofs on Peugeot 505 and Audi 100. Not a job for the fainthearted in my experience. Am eagerly awaiting Autolusso oil cooler kit. Ordered it 30 June and according to courier tracking, ETA in 2 days here in NZ.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice. I'd check out & blow through all the sunroof drains (x4) as well.

Wish I had a sunroof .
Good call, - will blow them clear as I suspect they are well and truly bunged up with crud.

I see you're in Suffolk too, - were you at Cars on the Green in Bury the other week?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I look forward to hearing how it all went! My sunroof only opens with the key thingy but closes using switch. Maybe its jamming when closed. Will try and sort in summer (winter here). In the past I've sorted recalcitrant sunroofs on Peugeot 505 and Audi 100. Not a job for the fainthearted in my experience. Am eagerly awaiting Autolusso oil cooler kit. Ordered it 30 June and according to courier tracking, ETA in 2 days here in NZ.
Agreed, sunroofs can be lots of hassle. Have fun with your oil cooler kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts