Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm very new to the alfa owners club and loving every moment so far.

One thing that bugs me is the lack of decent bluetooth support in the older MiTo models (I currently own a 2009 one). I have though found a newer MiTo radio which supports bluetooth connectivity (I have a Pixel and the blue and me adaptor does not work with it, and doesnt seem to work by simply being plugged in).

Can anyone help me with whether or not simply swapping these would work and the new one would fit? (my first big concern is that the radio release holes are in different places). Would I need any extra cables etc and would the steering wheel controls be affected.

Any help would be great!

Old Radio:

New Radio:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I haven't seen this done on a pre-FCA MiTo, I believe stuff like the CANBUS wiring is very different making this swap very difficult.

I added Bluetooth to my '09 radio with this from amazon:
Super simple install, slots straight into the CD-changer slot and works great with my OnePlus 7T Pro Mclaren

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't seen this done on a pre-FCA MiTo, I believe stuff like the CANBUS wiring is very different making this swap very difficult.

I added Bluetooth to my '09 radio with this from amazon:
Super simple install, slots straight into the CD-changer slot and works great with my OnePlus 7T Pro Mclaren
Thanks @reeve509 that's really useful.

Another bit of context is that I had an iphone so own the blue and me adaptor that allowed the 'currently playing' to be displayed on the radio. Is there any way of getting this for android? As i know the above doesn't support that.

I've read a few discussions that say you should be able to just plug into the windows but it didn't seem to work.

I'm probably asking for a lot here!

·
Registered
214 Posts
It's probably easier to replace the stereo with an aftermarket unit that supports Android. There is a very useful guide on the MiTo Register.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@mitojohnners Yeh I've looked at these but hoping there is a way of doing it without spending £300 + on unit. Seems a little silly if i only really want bluetooth for audio, not worried about sat nav or anything.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hi All,

I'm very new to the alfa owners club and loving every moment so far.

One thing that bugs me is the lack of decent bluetooth support in the older MiTo models (I currently own a 2009 one). I have though found a newer MiTo radio which supports bluetooth connectivity (I have a Pixel and the blue and me adaptor does not work with it, and doesnt seem to work by simply being plugged in).

Can anyone help me with whether or not simply swapping these would work and the new one would fit? (my first big concern is that the radio release holes are in different places). Would I need any extra cables etc and would the steering wheel controls be affected.

Any help would be great!

Old Radio:
View attachment 937721

New Radio:
View attachment 937722
Have you seen this, it seems to be the same as what you are after.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@reeve509 great suggestion, just recieved the new phone and want to give that product a try. Super silly question, but do all MiTos have the CD changer slot on the back of the radio?

·
Registered
10 Posts
@reeve509 great suggestion, just recieved the new phone and want to give that product a try. Super silly question, but do all MiTos have the CD changer slot on the back of the radio?
If its one of the higher spec Lusso/Veloce cars then its a certainty, probably there on the lower end trims as well. I can see you have the same Blaupunkt head unit as me so I'd go for it :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts