Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me again
The story so far......

Restored my front wishbones with superflex bushes (easier than i expected) Now found out that i cant buy new ball joint boots from anywhere and mine have suffered slight damage during removal.

Does anyone have any old wishbones (perhaps after replacing them) with any undamaged boots that they would donate if i pay the postage
:( :cool:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Bugger!

I changed a set only 2 months ago m8, but the old one's went in the skip :(

Bad timing I guess, otherwise I would have donated.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If the cut is small, try cleaning the mating surfaces with solvent and a cotton bud to remove all grease and then glue with a tiny drop of decent 'superglue'.

P

·
0 Posts
Try Alfaman on 0208 866 0801,they seem to be able to get most hard to find parts. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is Alfaman the one who sells the wishbone with new hard poly bushes already on? I rang him to ask for prices of poly bushes and he talked down to me telling me i would not be able to change the bushes myself. He doesnt know me or what i can do yet he told me what he thought i couldnt do. The cheek of the fella, i hung up and bought from powerflex and i was well impressed with the kit and how well they went on.

I am actually a designer and DT teacher with a great workshop at my disposal (lathes, millers, sand casting, powder coating etc), so there isnt much i cant do. Arrogant patronising to$%er!! :mad:

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
psychobilly said:
Try Alfaman on 0208 866 0801,they seem to be able to get most hard to find parts. :)
Alfaman sells the wishys already made up with the powerflex - he might not be kene to get rid of the wishys he has for the job ;) ;)

EDIT - just read your above post - I thought he was a nice fella but hes obviously got some sales banta inside of him :eek:

P

·
0 Posts
:tut: Sorry ,I have allways found him very helpful.He must have had a bad day. :(

B

·
0 Posts
red155v6 said:
Is Alfaman the one who sells the wishbone with new hard poly bushes already on? I rang him to ask for prices of poly bushes and he talked down to me telling me i would not be able to change the bushes myself. He doesnt know me or what i can do yet he told me what he thought i couldnt do. The cheek of the fella, i hung up and bought from powerflex and i was well impressed with the kit and how well they went on.

I am actually a designer and DT teacher with a great workshop at my disposal (lathes, millers, sand casting, powder coating etc), so there isnt much i cant do. Arrogant patronising to$%er!! :mad:
sorry i had to ask do you do private work with you powdercoating thanks jeff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts