Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, before I begin, I do appreciate that we all get there in the end, BUT....

Why 'O Why do old dodderers feel it necessary to be in town on a Saturday, particularly being in the bank....you've got all friggin week to go into town, why must you be here on a busy Saturday??....why do you keep shuffling left into my path, then as I try to go around you, you immediately shift to the right :mad:

I hate going into town now, let alone in another 40 years.

When I get to such an age, I'd be more than happy going to town mid-week and do something proper with my Saturday like being in the pub and droaning on to the Y'uth that back in my day we had Alfa's and they were proper cool motors that ran on Petrol, not like these crappy electric cars you all got today.. or maybe evening flying cars, who knows?.....

All I do know is that old farts in town on a Saturday should be banned :lol:

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
PJ3074:)

And there you have it.
respect of your elder?
you have no patience
get with,join the Merry throng
for soon your yuufff
will be gone.
phuuuuuuuuup:eek:
pardon me an old fart.

Now get out there and have a Merry Christmas.

John tL.:cheese:

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I was going to say that Morrisons was the worst. Perhaps a padlock on the cafe might be a good idea.
Also why do they insist on going to the supermarket at lunch. I'm considering investing in a cattle prod.
Hi,DaveAlfa147:):)

A cattleprod?:confused:
you are not suggesting
stampedeing us old farts
in order that you get to those cream tarts.
I thought,maybe you should remove the
padlock,for it would seem that it is one of your
eating houses.

Merry Christmas,

John t T.

·
Registered
10,019 Posts

you are not suggesting
stampedeing us old farts
eating houses.

Merry Christmas,

John t T.
:cheese::lol::cheese:

·
Registered
2,286 Posts

you are not suggesting
stampedeing us old farts
eating houses.

Merry Christmas,

John t T.
I've spent the last six months out if work and have made sure that during that time I haven't been to the supermarket, bank etc at peak times on weekdays or weekends. Partly because I don't want to get in peoples way but also because it's a damn sight quieter out of peak times. Just makes sense. As for eating in the Morrisons cafe, I'd really rather not.

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
I've spent the last six months out if work and have made sure that during that time I haven't been to the supermarket, bank etc at peak times on weekdays or weekends. Partly because I don't want to get in peoples way but also because it's a damn sight quieter out of peak times. Just makes sense. As for eating in the Morrisons cafe, I'd really rather not.
But if every OAP adopted that approach, it would no longer be a quiet time, would it? The old off peak would become the new on peak? :)

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
But if every OAP adopted that approach, it would no longer be a quiet time, would it? The old off peak would become the new on peak? :)
Not really as there are probably more off peak shopping hours then on-peak and more people in work than not in work for whatever reason. For example 30-35 million people in work needing to shop in a period of 3 hours per working day compared to 15-20 million people having an eight hour period to shop in. So for off peak to become on peak there would have to be a significant demographic or economic shift. I think that after 5:30pm and weekends don't really count and you can't really complain about that.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I've spent the last six months out if work and have made sure t

Hi, Dave,

I am sorry that you are out of work,
and I hope that the New year will
bring better tidings.
But,
as an Old Fart, with many
tribulations,
your comments have not fostered
such good relations.
Now I have too go,friends are a calling.
Take care.
Kind regards.

John the Luddite.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Anyway it's a personal thing; why would you want to go anywhere busy when you don't have to. Hence all my xmas shopping has been done online. :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I've spent the last six months out if work and have made sure t

Hi, Dave,

I am sorry that you are out of work,
and I hope that the New year will
bring better tidings.
But,
as an Old Fart, with many
tribulations,
your comments have not fostered
such good relations.
Now I have too go,friends are a calling.
Take care.
Kind regards.

John the Luddite.
I don't/didn't mean to antagonise anyone; I just don't like busy shops. Hope you have an excellent xmas and a happy new year. By the way I start a new job on the third of Jan so look forward to seeing you in the local supermarket!:lol:

B

·
0 Posts
I don't mind the old folk - I think some older people are possibly a bit lonley, that's why they feel the need to tell the bank cashier about their chest cold as your lunchbreak runs out.

I was rushing to buy a new shirt for a wedding (it was 12.45 and the wedding was at 1.00pm that day!). I was walking through the busy town centre when I got stuck behind a pair of old guys - the pedestrian traffic was so thick I decided to tailgate him and wait for my chance to get past. As they dawdled along one of them let the most enormous fart I'd ever heard!! Neither of them seemed to hear it and were too busy chatting to notice - ah bliss. :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts