Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love old photographs and I've spent some of today cleaning up an
old photo of one of my Dad's cousins in photoshop.

I think it's a lovely portrait so I'd like to share it with you :)

A great cousin. by gibboleica, on Flickr

·
Registered
6 Posts
portrait

Hi mate loving the picture always been my favorites the old black and white photos being a tattooist I get asked for these alot very nice:p

K

·
0 Posts
A friend of my mum's has turned up a picture of my Dad when he was about 3 that I need to scan. She gave me these of him a few years ago too. I've posted them before and make no excuse for doing it again. They date back to the early 60s.

It's six years since he died in March.

·
Registered
17,658 Posts
Nice :thumbs:

---------------------------
Here's one from my Mum's side of the family..

My Grandfather on the left, about 1920ish, his hand is in his pocket because it was paralysed
by a shellburst at Ypres in WW1. He never did get his old job back. He was a skilled carpenter.

The tallest of the Children is my Mum... she is now 93

And of course, in the middle, holding my Uncle is my favourite Nan.
The lady on the right is my great grandmother

Did you notice they filled the width of the house and garden :eek:

I have a 'few' more :D

·
Registered
948 Posts
This one could do with a bit of work I suppose, but it'll do for now...

My late father as a young fireman, on his first week back on the railway after doing his national service in Germany, the print is filed away but I think it is around 1958.

He was promoted to driver in 1964 and stayed on the footplate until retiring in 1997, sadly passed away just over a year ago.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
This is a picture of my Mum taken in about 1940 when she was a photographic model for the small company my Aunt worked for. The original was in black and white and was colourised manually by my aunt to demonstrate the skills of the company. Amazing artwork rather than photography. My Aunt was amazing, she could take a group shot of thirty people and would notice if one moved or looked away as she took the shot.

My beautiful Mum...

Attachments

E

·
0 Posts
Another from the archives. My Dad thought he had lost this one and found it in an old driving license while having a clear out. And yes the one on the left is my Dad :lol:

This was taken when the queen was crowned in 1953, hence the bunting and photos in the widnows.

Diamond Jubilee by Adam Sutton, on Flickr

1 - 20 of 60 Posts