Which forum look? New or Old?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who prefers this new look of the AO forum and who prefers the old, which features do you like or dislike?

·
Registered
37,340 Posts
Being honest I prefer the old look..

I have changed the skin so that it now looks pretty much the same, but I don't like the way an intermediate page comes up after posting thanking for your post, and that you are being re-directed.

Also the part underneath the original post, that tells of the posters 3 previous threads is unnesessary.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts

I have changed the skin so that it now looks pretty much the same, but I don't like the way an intermediate page comes up after posting thanking for your post, and that you are being re-directed.

Also the part underneath the original post, that tells of the posters 3 previous threads is unnesessary.
Have to say I agree with you, but then we are all averse (initially) to change...

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i used to like the icons that used light up depending on the no. of posts u have goes from green to silver then gold etc etc

V

·
0 Posts
new look, i did go back to the old skin but it felt a little dark so switched back to this "new" skin again

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I prefer the new look with a couple of small bits I'm not so keen on. Both are being looked at by Ian so I reckon its only a matter of time.

I would prefer to see what town each user is from, rather than just United Kingdom, but I know thats being looked into. I suggested we type our town in the same way we type our cars details, but that was not an option as he thinks people would use it for other messages.:confused:

I preferred the users details to be down the side of the post, rather than a banner with the avatar on the left and post counts etc on the right.

Both really small things..... but you did ask.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
I guess its all going to take some getting used to, it doesn't really feel like home now.
Still I'm still pleased to have the use of this site-cheers guy's - Ian:thumbs:

D

·
0 Posts
That really pisses me off. It's stupid and gets in the way. I prefer the old look much simpler to use and this blog tab should be taken away from the bar where you can multi quote and quick post.

·
Registered
24,531 Posts

I don't like the way an intermediate page comes up after posting thanking for your post, and that you are being re-directed.

+1 but I'll give it a go.

Especially don't like that intermediate page thing.

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Now I've got used to the new format, I much prefer it, especially as I've kept the " White Skin " look, its so much brighter and welcoming !!!!!........:thumbs:

·
Administrator
8,045 Posts
Generally prefer the new look, but don't like the redirecting message, I know that and will be willing to wait a few seconds without being told.
This helps to prevent double posts appearing all over the site, this one is staying as it saves on moderating.

I prefer the old look much simpler to use
Both styles are pretty much a carbon copy of the previous style and the colours on both skins are identical too, you must be talking about the horizontal post style? (Actually creates more room if you give it a chance)

this blog tab should be taken away from the bar where you can multi quote and quick post.
Why?? How is this affecting your site use? It isn't, keep it real guys, this is over the top moaning for moan sake :lol: :lol:

Now I've got used to the new format, I much prefer it, especially as I've kept the " White Skin " look, its so much brighter and welcoming !!!!!........:thumbs:
Thank you Roy but it is actually grey ;) :thumbs:

D

·
0 Posts
Both styles are pretty much a carbon copy of the previous style and the colours on both skins are identical too, you must be talking about the horizontal post style? (Actually creates more room if you give it a chance)

Why?? How is this affecting your site use? It isn't, keep it real guys, this is over the top moaning for moan sake :lol: :lol:
I'm not moaning for moaning sake. I just don't like the new style. When I am away from home and on Dial up I can't use the site as it crashs because the site times out for me.

I prefer the older skin as it's easier to read and notice as I surf the site not via the new posts but via the forum.

·
Administrator
8,045 Posts
I'm not moaning for moaning sake. I just don't like the new style. When I am away from home and on Dial up I can't use the site as it crashs because the site times out for me.

I prefer the older skin as it's easier to read and notice as I surf the site not via the new posts but via the forum.
It must have been your connection as the highest the CPU has been is 0.7 out 4.0, usually on the old board it was averaging 1.2 - 1.8 out of 4, we cannot help the fact you are on dial up, get a 3G card ;)

D

·
0 Posts
Ahh I know, can do nothing about the internet away from home. Maybe there can be a version where you can select what forums you want to see but that maybe a lot of work. I know it is unusual to be on dial up.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts