Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
let me set the seen

i bought my car as i need a comfy car with long legs so last december i bought my 166 with 72000 on and now has 95000 on as i was working in manchester and comuting to hampshire at weekends 240 ish each way dont ask but what we do for women!!!

its a

1999 2.5 v6 ing protero red
with 95000 miles on her
and is standard spec with cloth seats in grey

my issue is do i
A) keep this car as its totally sound bar the rain sensor and spent a little money on her
B) down size as the im not doing the miles keeping it alfa thinking 145 clover or a gtv poss v6 156 depends on insurance as im only 20 with two SP 30's and two year nc bonus
C) buy another 166 with more toys and less miles

Andy

·
Registered
302 Posts
I would keep it if theres nothing wrong with it, unless you can source another better spec'd 166 that you KNOW is mint condition. Start saving for a cloverleaf and its insurance :D

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
what do you miss most? only the leather? then keep the car and get a spare set of seats, easy to replace for everybody (but me:))

·
Registered
92 Posts
let me set the seen

i bought my car as i need a comfy car with long legs so last december i bought my 166 with 72000 on and now has 95000 on as i was working in manchester and comuting to hampshire at weekends 240 ish each way dont ask but what we do for women!!!

its a

1999 2.5 v6 ing protero red
with 95000 miles on her
and is standard spec with cloth seats in grey

my issue is do i
A) keep this car as its totally sound bar the rain sensor and spent a little money on her
B) down size as the im not doing the miles keeping it alfa thinking 145 clover or a gtv poss v6 156 depends on insurance as im only 20 with two SP 30's and two year nc bonus
C) buy another 166 with more toys and less miles

Andy
option c and just wait till you can see something better ie mint 166 :)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If yours is sound keep it! What you thinking of upgrading too?
a 166 of course probley a 3.0 manuel with leather. cd changer and a gps or a face lift but there out of my price range

but if its above 70000 miles its probley not worth the risk as i know mines sound when i bought mine i looked at two silver cars which had less miles (66000 and 69000) but sounded all tappaty

guess if the right car comes along or if anyone knows of a good car PM me and will see

im guessing but i think ill be lucky to get £1000 for my car

Andy

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Buy my 146 :lol:
No don't, keep the 166 they are fantastic cars I love mine more everyday.
240 miles regular trips would make me :cry: at fuel costs.
There again I brought mine mostly for a holiday in Scotland, 400 mile trip to get there, just so I didn't have to drive a Citroen :lol:

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Your car is only run in, keep it for a while longer.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Find yourself a chick with a gtv/ cloverleaf :cheese:
good call i have been thinking as miss gbr130 is looking for a car but she dosent like 145s and as this would be here first car the gtv will probley be alittle much on insurance (plus she likes ford pumas far to much :rolleyes: there cute apparently)

Andy

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
My wife drives a 1.7 ford Puma. The steering and gearbox are fantastic. As a city car its fantastic. If your over six foot the driving position is bloody terrible.

The parts are REALLY cheap compared to Alfa. Watch out for the clutch that's only going to last 80K

I don't really like the car but its pratical honestly I think I would be in trouble if I tried to run a 166 and a GTV. But Mrs stu_the_flat has decided she wants a Merc SLK. Its better than a Puma!

Stuart

·
Registered
404 Posts
Look out for leather seats for it and upgrade, I have a spare rain sensor if yours is screwed?!
I'll have the rain sensor if u don't need it - I think my car had one but it was never replaced with a new windscreen it's once had. Hence when I set the stalk to 'sense mode' it seems to wipe as if it sensing but not based on any sort of reality wrt to actual rain on the actual screen!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Keep your current 166 - 2.5 V6 is nothing to be sniffed at, it'll cruise all day. Just wait until some leather seats (black) crop up

Stu, tell Mrs stu_the_flat to sell the Puma to Miss gbr130, she can have her SLK, & you don't have to feel guilty about looking after yours!:lol:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Keep your current 166 - 2.5 V6 is nothing to be sniffed at, it'll cruise all day. Just wait until some leather seats (black) crop up

Stu, tell Mrs stu_the_flat to sell the Puma to Miss gbr130, she can have her SLK, & you don't have to feel guilty about looking after yours!:lol:
good idea

come on stu dont be so mean buy the nice lady a SLK :cheese::cheese:

stu lives along way from me though oppsite ends of the uk
Andy

1 - 20 of 26 Posts