Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, money aside, here is a serious question:

I am toying with the idea of buying my 3rd GTV.
This time I would like a nice V6 P3, low mileage etc...

BUT.....

If you could, would you ditch the Alfa altogether :eek: and buy a Nissan 350Z?

I think I know the kind of answers, but it would be interesting to see what you think. :)

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
ooohhh!! i'm an alfa through and through man but MMMmmm i'd have to say 350z... not checked prices but they maybe dropping as a new version has been launched but make sure its not an import as these are really underpowered

·
Registered
999 Posts
I have driven the 350z and it's cheap cockpit and uninspiring looks left me :rolleyes: Was not rolled over by the engine/noise and just felt once again, another Jap car!! Also there is going to be plenty more £££'s to be lost off them yet.
Just my 2p worth :p

·
Registered
575 Posts
The 350z is tempting, rear wheel drive too!...you have done your 'alfa time' so can be excused ;)

GTV looks nice, and there is a low mileage one on pistonheads at the moment you might like the look of

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I haven't driven a 350Z, but I have had a good look around one, and I thought it was a good looking car - especially for a Jap one!
On the other hand, I have been out in the GTV today, and it is one of those "it's running s*it hot days", and its a fantastic car to drive!
After my first GTV, I did always say I'd always buy another one.

I might hang on until after Christmas, like mentioned the 350Z prices will drop, but I most likely will end up with a nice P3 GTV, they break my heart when they need fixing, but what can you do???

·
Registered
109 Posts
I was eyeing up a 350z at the lights the other day ... Its currently top on my 'car to buy next' list but that tends to change every week!

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Bland looking car, blends in. Not what the average Alfa driver wants !!

·
Premium Member
42,863 Posts
Your only going to know once you've driven the nissan....before I got my alfa i drove a few other makes etc and what looks good doesn't always turn out to be that way,...if ya see what i'm getting at..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Giulietta QC Launch Edition
257 Posts
Now, I'm not bias, but a Nissan?! Bits of plastic stuck on it, false air intakes, big bright calipers? No going to age well at all, too fashionable. It'll end up like the Audi TT, given a few years and people will be pointing and laughing.

OK, I am bias but what do you expect on alfaowner.com? :)

R

·
0 Posts
Good cars by all accounts, but surely it is miles cheaper to buy (and regularly fix) an Alfa?

·
Vendor
46,141 Posts
350Z is a good car, but the 300ZX is a better one. Get the twin turbo 3.0 with manual box and blow away every 350Z (and GTV) you see.

Just don't forget your chest wig and big medallion :lol:

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
The 350Z is a good car IMO but i do think the looks will date quickly. The Alfa GTV is a Pininfarina design classic.

I believe parts are pretty pricey for the 350Z too

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
so zeds are going between 12500 and 15000 to start for a decent uk spec, my sister just got this the rx8 anniversary edition new un reg'd retaiol 24995 onwards, she walked into the local dealer and they had one in the showroom, a few days later she went back, they reg'd it and she is 1st owner and she drove away paying 17750:eek: guess shifting new cars is getting harder!!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Nope, the Nissan just wouldn't do for me. Even if the engine sounded fantastic, and it handled a dream, I just don't like the looks one little bit. And on a plaything, them's important for me.

There aren't many current production coupes I like at all come to think of it...

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
dropped my car into the garage today and he had a fiat stilo schumacher edition for sale think it was a 55 plate for £7995. i thought it actually looked damn fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts