Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
How does one refill the GBox oil level,the only plug visible seems to be way too low,but theres no indication on the Alfa145 manual that I have as to where.

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
there are two at the bottom of the casing for draining, and the one for filling up id half way up the gearbox, radiator side, hexagonal allen key type plug. Its a bit hard to see with the battery, air intake pipe and rad hoses in the way, easier to access from underneath. Fill level is level with the plug, ie when it starts to overflow, pop the plug in quick.

HTH

·
Registered
30,074 Posts
Assuming it is the same as a 156, the fill plug is just beside and slightly above the reversing light switch.

and always ALWAYS remove the fill plug BEFORE you drain the oil..... you don't want to drain it and only then find out you can't get any back it!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx guys
thats the only plug visible,however I thought it "too" low for the supposed 2 liters that I was informed an empty Gbox needs.All I need now is a pressurisable container to aid the filling

PS If youre ever tempted to take the box out unaided by people or equipment without removing the subframe; Don't its not worth the agro!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts