Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys my wife as a 147 52 plate cant find owners manual could any body advise me where the oil warning light is as i cant see it in the dials like on my 156 thanks

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
afaik it flashes a text line on the info centre if the oil is low.

better to use the dip stick.

M

·
0 Posts
Both petrol and diesel as they beep and display all there warnings on the centre vdu of the instrument cluster..

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
if you hear and see the warning in a 147, harm is already been done !!!! low oil will cause the pump sucking
air i.s.o. oil, bearings will get damaged in an instant !

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
If it's got what Alfa call the 'Reconfigurable Multifunction Display' (the LCD screen with three lines) there's no oil pressure warning light - low oil pressure warnings are displayed on the screen, accompanied, I would assume, by a beep.

Versions with the lower-spec 'Digital Multifunction Display' (two-line display) have an oil pressure warning light among the warning lights around the LCD screen - at least, that's what the Owner's Manual says!

·
Registered
37,360 Posts
if you hear and see the warning in a 147, harm is already been done !!!! low oil will cause the pump sucking
air i.s.o. oil, bearings will get damaged in an instant !
Ahh I see, so really a glorified oil pressure warning light. Or engine knackered light as it should be known.

I got the impression it was an oil level warning, not an oil pressure warning.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Yep I can confirm that the diesels have them. It runs a check at start up and will beep 3 times and text is displayed showing that you have low/no oil and to go to dealer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts