Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently got my oil sump replaced. The gearbox & part of exhaust was removed to get at some of the bolts (so I was told).
My oil temperature gauge has stopped working since.
Can anybody tell me where i can find the sender unit for the gauge ??

Thanks,
Ger

·
Registered
447 Posts
I'm not sure of the English word but it's, if you will, the oil reservoir underneath the car, I think it's located on the side, I will look it up in the manual :rolleyes:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you mean the oil sump.
I have seen a connection here, but I thought maybe it was the oil pressure gauge ?

So I suppose what I need to know now is where is the unit for the oil pressure and oil temperature gauges ???

Ger.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I friend of mine has a widebody 2.0 16v and his oil pressure gauge isn't working and the sender unit for this is located right at the back of the engine up against the bulkhead. Major job to get it out (drive shaft out, exhaust off etc) you can see it, touch it but cannot get a spanner or socket on it, shame because it would be nice to see it working.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I've been several hours underneath my car today to change my wishbones and I had a peek at the sender, for the 8V it's located at the front of the oil sump, both pressure and temp sender

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, the oil temp sender is to the off side of the sump, a plastic plug with wires coming off it, you really can't miss it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts