Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My oil temp gauge stayed at zero today.
Anyone know the reason and is it an easy fix? I hope so.
Plus my dam misfire is back.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
I think its worth investing in multiscan if you intend to run a GTA... its so useful for helping to diagnose issues and even for simple jobs clearing fault codes etc..

oil temp sensor is iirc inserted though the front of the block into the sump next to the dipstick. with multiscan it would allow you to see if it had a temp reading. if it did faulty gauge. if not wiring issue or faulty sensor.

i,m sure autolusso will help you out and let you have some trouble free motoring. problem is these cars have got to an age where others neglect them and then us enthusiasts are left with larger bills. but after two years with mine its becoming the car i want..

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
+ 1 for Multiscan. I'm only running the free version currently but it's all very useful, and the leads can be bought for the price of a cheap generic code reader.

Oh, and as for a month of trouble free running....well I last had one of those back in...um....??? :biglaugh:

·
Vendor
46,141 Posts
oil temp sensor is iirc inserted though the front of the block into the sump next to the dipstick. with multiscan it would allow you to see if it had a temp reading. if it did faulty gauge. if not wiring issue or faulty sensor.
Oil temp sensor is in the oil filter housing at the back of the block, near to the oil pressure switch. Its not common knowledge, but there is also an oil thermostat in the filter housing too, controlling oil flow out to the cooler.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Oil temp sensor is in the oil filter housing at the back of the block, near to the oil pressure switch. Its not common knowledge, but there is also an oil thermostat in the filter housing too, controlling oil flow out to the cooler.
yes your right iirc correctly its the oil level sensor thats is in the front.. not temp .. cheers for the correction

1 - 9 of 9 Posts