Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have asked this question on 147-156 forum, but nobody knows. Since 2.0 16V engine is basically the same on 147 and 145/155 maybe someone here knows the answer?

I have bought oil temp gauge with sensor and would like to install it, so I have heard that it is possible to install sensor near oil filter instead of one of this 2 screws (see pictures). Is this info OK, does anybody know? Should I put it instead of upper or lower screw?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Hi, Boris. I'm sorry, but I really don't know the answer to this one. I hope someone else will say for sure, but until that, here are my thoughts.
I think it should be possible to remove one of the screws and ensure that the sensor fitting is not likely to block the internal oil way though. Even when fitted, I would keep a careful eye on the oil pressure and ensure it is comparable to before.

C

·
0 Posts
I could be wrong, but it looks like those two fittings are to allow for a remote oil filter (a plate over the existing one, and two flexible steel hoses)

If this is the case, then I would imagine that you could use either of these two, as long as you had the right adapter for the sensor.

Perhaps someone else here could confirm this ?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Or perhaps they are for an oil cooler? Strange though that a heat exchanger is already fitted?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts