Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
appologies if you see this in a couple of different groups, I have posted elsewhere too.
I have only owned the facelift for a few days, and had a number of issue arise from the day after I bought it.
My infocentre completely died, and struggling to find any info. Its the face lift, and had no issue, just it didn't start up turn on, or however you want to say it. lol.
Anyway, I've been playing, and from what I can make out, I am not getting a signal from the oil temp sensor.
So, where is this oil temp sensor, and where does the wire run / connections.
Unfortunately, the wiring diagrams I have aren't quite as detailed as I had hoped for, and the connectors are not listed with locations, so I have no idea where to even start looking. By looking at the diagram, it shows the temp sensor earths out, but it must be a resistance to get a reading, so there for, it must have power to the wire, which isn't shown on the diagram.
Any advice appreciated.
Cheers Simon

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In that case, though I might be wrong, I don't think it has an oil temperature sensor ? .......
Ok, your the 2nd person to say that.
Any idea why i need a voltage signal then on that pin for the info centre to work?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Nope, but only the GTA's have an oil temp sensor.....
I assume you have this diagram ?
Does the oil temp show up on the info centre . reason why i ask is i have a sensor on the front of my engine guessing its a oil temp one . and was wondering if i connect it to the harness it will then show the readings on the info centre.
i cant test at the mo as engine is still out,

The sensor is left of the oil dip stick

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't found the sensor. All I know is that the info centre did work, now it doesn't. Yes, I have used those diagrams. If I put voltage at pin 14/20 for the temp sensor, my display works. What the diagrams don't show me, is where that signal comes from. I do not get a temp reading, or not that I know of. Today I am going to cut the wire and run power from radio. At least that way, I will not be feeding power back down the system. I was hoping someone with more experience with these may have been able to give me an answer. I have only been an Alfa owner for less than a week.
My climate control dial not working either, I thought it may have been the same fault, but doesn't appear to be.
That was working, and stopped at the same time as the info centre.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
As jwq explained, the JTS does not have an oil temp sender. Only GTA as far as I know.

Which climate control dial has failed? Usually it's the temp one for the drivers side, and the problem is dealt with in some detail on here - do a search. In short there's a optical sensor that falls off the circuit board. My V6 wagon has this problem but I haven't bothered to fix it as you can change temp using the passengers side dial - it'll only let the temps differ by a max of 7 deg so fairly easy to adjust both sides to whatever temp with the one working dial.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts