Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my oil temp gauge on my 1.8 16v has not worked since 1997. I thought i might try and fix it without spending much. How can i test to see wot is broke. I guess it is probably the sender unit which is screwed into the block just next to the oil filter. Any ideas.

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Mine doesnt work either on my 2.0, i also changed the sender but made no difference! have heard since that they only show a reading if you really boot the car on a long run but i dont know if this is true or not as mine has never shown a thing,

Jack

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are known to give low readings on the twinny's but should show something. Try putting some power through the gauge and see what happens.

wrinx

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you sure you're looking at the right sender.
Mine is at the back of the sump. The oil pressure sender is next to the filter. Thats on a 2.0 16V at least :rolleyes:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My oil temp sits at about 60 normally. Giving it a real hiding I can reach 80 !!!!!
I didn't think my guage was working as it didn't move at all when I got the car. Changed the thermostat as the engine was running cold and since then it's all heated up enough to get an oil temp reading.

Marlon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts